Author Topic: How hard are you on your bike?  (Read 6290 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 03:13:12 pm
Bob Seger - would I have loved to be in that conversation. I love his music
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 06:29:37 pm
Bob Seger - would I have loved to be in that conversation. I love his music

I'm sorry, Kevin. I spelled Bobby Seeger's name wrong & gave you the wrong impression.

Bobby & Elisa Seeger run the business side of what is now known as "Indian Larry Legacy", the shop + all the merchandising stuff. Bobby also travels doing bike shows with 5 or 6 of Larry's bikes + a few others from the shop & three tons of T-shirts  ;D

I, too, am also a rabid longtime Bob Seger fan.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:34:29 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Bite the bullet

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 07:33:10 pm
Yo! You went to Farrell's and you didn't call me?

-Too funny man. Good eye.
2010 G5 deluxe

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 08:04:26 pm
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 08:31:36 pm
i push mine pretty hard at times. it does not seem too unhappy at an indicated 70 mph. does not like a stiff headwind. so far, so goood!
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

Rich Mintz

• Grand Gearhead
  • Daily rider in the city
Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 04:06:42 pm
I have about 1200 mi on the odometer. After about 300 miles of highway riding in a week, I was surprised and pleased to learn that the bike is perfectly capable of doing a sustained 65-70mph. (I didn't push it higher, but I think it could have gone a bit higher than 70.)

When you're cruising at 65-70 you don't have much pickup, so I wouldn't do it in situations where there's a lot of merging traffic and so forth. And if you drop off the throttle to let someone in from the right, you have to peg it to get back up to 70. But it is doable.

When I'm riding at high speed it's not the vibration that bothers me, it's the headwind. If there's much wind, my body is like a sail and my large full-face helmet is jerked around. It's not dangerous, it's just annoying and uncomfortable. (I'll post video of my ride over the upper deck of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and you'll see what I mean.)

Just like everyone says, it'll go faster when it needs to, but the most comfortable highway speed for this bike is 55-60mph. It was beautiful to ride on fresh blacktop on I-295 in South Jersey at 60mph on the right lane, with cars passing me at slightly higher speeds. I could have done that for a hundred miles.
Rich Mintz - New York City
richmintz@richmintz.com
2010 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 • 2015 SYM Symba
[/URL]

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 02:58:43 am
When I'm riding at high speed it's not the vibration that bothers me, it's the headwind. If there's much wind, my body is like a sail and my large full-face helmet is jerked around.

Put a small flyscreen on it. It doesn't take much. It will do wonders!
This one is from Hitchcock. Love it!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com