Author Topic: Some recent head work results  (Read 4558 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 06:52:12 pm
Where is this work done, you mentioned in another thread you don't have a shop?  ERC

This work is done at Joe Mondello's, one of the premier cylinder head performance shops in the world.  Years ago I worked out a deal with them when Joe was still alive to do my work on Royal Enfields as an exclusive for ACE, according to my design criteria which is all made to work with all our other parts as a system. They have done this work since the beginning of ACE. Our first ten heads were actually hand-signed by Joe Mondello with an electric engraving pencil on the right side fin stack.
Those were the "Joe Mondello Signature" heads which are on our first ten Fireball engines. Now we call them the "Ace/Mondello" cylinder head modification since Joe has passed away in 2011.

Of course, we can't do this signature thing anymore since Joe is no longer alive.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:08:27 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 10:40:04 pm
Very interesting his shop is still in Californa. The only person I ever had contact with on porting etc. was Jerry Branch at Flowmetrics. Both are tops in their field, I believe Jerry is still alive.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 10:50:52 pm
Very interesting his shop is still in Californa. The only person I ever had contact with on porting etc. was Jerry Branch at Flowmetrics. Both are tops in their field, I believe Jerry is still alive.  ERC

Actually, the shop is in Tennessee.
The "Mondello's" that is in California is the result of a broken-up partnership with somebody that was selling parts under the Mondello name, and it didn't end well. Joe broke ties with that facility quite a while back, but they still unfortunately use the name.
After that, Joe and Mary moved to Tennessee and opened the Mondello Tech Center, which is now re-named Joe Mondello Racing Engines since Joe died. Mary is the owner now. They decided on Tennessee because the property values were a lot more attractive here than in California, and they could create a much larger facility for less money here.

And yes, of course Jerry Branch is also a legend in the business. If I hadn't hooked up with Joe, I would have gone to Jerry.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:53:43 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !