Author Topic: chronically wet spark plugs  (Read 1351 times)

feverdog

• Scooter
on: February 05, 2013, 04:56:38 pm
Hi all,

I'm having major problems with spark plugs constantly getting fouled.  I've always had misfiring and a bit of a problem with acceleration but about a month ago it started getting really bad.  I changed the spark plugs.  Problem came back after two weeks.  I changed the spark plugs.  Problem came back after one week but this time it wouldn't start.  Changed the spark plugs.  It started.  The next day it didn't start.  Now it won't run until I remove both spark plugs, dry them off completely and wire brush them.

Aparently, what is happening is my plugs are getting wet.  I was told I had bad fuel (I live in Bangladesh) and that this was preventing the moisture from evaporating/burning off the plugs.  I changed the fuel and added octane boost but still having the same problem.  Is this worse than bad fuel?  A problem with the fuel injector?  Something leaking somewhere?

I'm an absolute beginner.....   :(  Thanks in advance.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:10:17 pm
What is the year and model of this bike?
Home of the Fireball 535 !

feverdog

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 06:14:34 pm
Hi and thanks for the response.  It is a 2010 Classic Bullet 500 EFI.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:33:13 pm
Okay, your best place to place this question is in the "Bullets with the UCE Engine" section.

One of the first things that comes to mind is that you may have an Indian home market bike that has no O2 sensor, and they have had problems with rich running since their introduction. In the US, the bikes have an O2 sensor, and don't suffer from this issue.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:10:09 pm
feverdog
Take your motorcycle to a Royal Enfield service center and tell them about your problem.
Royal Enfield developed a new computer map for the Indian market and can upgrade your computer to the new map.  As I understand it there is no cost for this upgrade.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary