Author Topic: Song of the Megaphone  (Read 3651 times)

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 06:29:21 pm
Thanks TWin.  I think there is such little wind noise in my video because the camera is against my chest. The case for the camera has two backings to choose from: one is water tight, and one has holes in back. When in the case, the only way for sound to enter the mic is through the back so I think with all those factors, you'll get less wind noise than if the mic is more directly exposed.  I think you can get creative with foam and other wind dampening tricks.

Thanks redcat.  I know what you mean.  I've watched this at work a few times... maybe even crouched a little in my chair.  Winter fever has set in and it's as close as we'll get.  Although, I saw a woman commuting on a bike yesterday in Cambridge. It was 12 degrees F at the time.  12!!!  That's one tough woman.

b.sheets, I do not recommend these mirrors unless you are in need of viewing your shoulders.  They stems need to be longer horizontally to be functional. I do the chicken wing arm up to look under but mostly I turn my head. I like they way they look and I've been lazy to swap them out, but maybe longer stems would work.  Regardless, they are just cheapo Emgo mirrors like these:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/emgo-mirror-oem-replacement-chrome-right-side-yamaha-v-star-royal-star-models/part/EMGO-20-86833

2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM