Author Topic: Switch module labels in wiring diagram?  (Read 1259 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
on: January 09, 2013, 04:37:00 pm
I'm trying to examine the wiring diagram, and I'm having trouble sorting what goes where, in part because the switch modules aren't labeled well.  I'm used to seeing switch terminals labeled with what they do, and how they interact with each other, i.e. normally open/closed toggle, or how a multi-switch's contacts behave.

As you can see in the pics, not everything is properly labled.  Take the LH switch module:

Terminals 8-9 are shown to be a normally open switch, and tracing the diagram wires show it to be the horn switch.  Terminals 5-6-7 don't show any switch, but tracing their diagram wires show them to be the turn signal switch.  Easy.  I can't tell what's happening with terminals 1-2-3-4.  I know that they're to do with the headlight dip switch and "day flash" switch, based on tracing the diagram wires (and they're the only switches left on the module!), but I can't tell what's what as far as connections go.

The RH switch module is worse:

Four normally open switches shown for the "kill" switch, e-start switch, and 2-position headlight switch.

Anybody have this sorted?

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:13:22 pm
I've tried posting a couple of times, there is a diagram that explains the functions and electrical logic of both switches.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5