Author Topic: 2014 anyone  (Read 3386 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 08, 2013, 01:01:52 am
http://www.eliomotors.com/my-strengths/

From Facebook---------------------------

Happy Sunday! Thank you all so much for your questions and comments. Here are some answers for the more popular questions:

We will power the vehicle with an inline 3 cylinder, 1 liter, 70 HP, fuel injected, DOHC gas powered, liquid cooled automotive engine. The transmission will be either a 5-speed manual or automatic. The top speed is in excess of 100 MPH, and the 0-60 speed is under 9.6 sec...onds. The engine is in the front and it is a front wheel drive vehicle.

We will have 3 wheel disc brakes with ABS on 15" wheels. The suspension is independent, unequal length control arms, coil over spring and shock in the front and Mono shock with coil over spring and shock in the rear. The ground clearance is 5.75".

The body panels are made of composite which will be attached to a stiff body which will lead to a quiet cockpit experience.

The trunk space will be at least 27" x 14" x 10", enough for a airline carry on bag, and will be able to accommodate a golf bag with the rear seat down (47"+).

Heater, defrost, A/C, AM/FM radio, three airbags, seat belts, tempered glass, windshield wiper, are all standard equipment.

We will be providing some CAD renderings of the interior shortly. We want to make sure that what we send out is accurate to the final product, and the current mule doesn't have a production ready interior. Stay tuned.

The vehicle will be made in America, Shreveport LA is the location of the plant. We will be creating 1500 American jobs at the plant starting in the spring of 2014.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:15:25 am
Looks too good to be true. Not enough info either.
Same price as a RE.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:17:30 am
I thought that price looked a little low too..  only time will tell.. it is the internet after all

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:32 pm

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 12:39:23 am
Not very aero dynamic..Ahhh yes I could see how the wings would buckle and fall off...He gave it a try and ran with it for awhile.  I like his little plot to get the military to buy in..GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:11:57 am
You'll notice Dr. Christmas didn't fly it. A WW1 vet did and lost his life in that contraption.

What was it that P.T. Barnum supposedly said?

fritz1914

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:58:46 pm
i want one!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:39:47 pm
The way I read the story, a total of two pilots were killed in two different Christmas designs.

After killing two people with his lack of engineering know how he had the audacity of trying to raise money to build another death trap.
It takes a certain kind of person to do stuff like that.   :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 02:58:14 am
yeah I had that idea too..Think one of the guys was a army flyer and the other a daring young man.You didn't think he was gonna fly it..Look at it. :o

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 10:08:48 pm
What was it that P.T. Barnum supposedly said?

I don't remember, but I think W.C. Fields once said: "Never give a sucker and even break!"

p144

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 11:10:02 am
I just found out about the Elio recently. Seems like an interesting concept, but is it going to actually happen? After a quick search here I found this thread from early 2013, and here we are late 2014. Anyone heard if this thing is close to production?

I drive a lot of miles every year and the thought of that kind of fuel mileage at that kind of price is definitely appealing to the imagination. Thing would pay for itself in no time...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 11:39:50 am
From a September 29th entry on their web page:

Elio Motors is getting closer to production they are saying, which is scheduled to start in the third quarter of 2015. The company is saying that they have 34,000 reservations for their new car/motorcycle (depending on where you live), and that number is up 6,000 from the previous month.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 12:46:57 pm
Nice, Its a enclosed, more affordable Ace Cycle Car / Morgan (not affiliated with our Ace). In most states in the US a 3 wheeler is considered a motorcycle and you will need to wear a helmet if your state requires it for motorcycles :o. Here is a pic of the Ace Cycle Car, they look great but are quite pricey. A HD twin powers it, 5spd w reverse car trans, GL 1800 diff & rear wheel. I could see our Ace with a Musket/Fireball powered one :D .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:58:56 pm by motorman2whel »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 01:26:01 pm
Old original Morgans had wood in the frames and floors.
When I worked at the British car garage, and a Morgan was in for some service, we sometimes would get a very serious look on our faces when the owner would come in to pay the bill. He'd ask "What's wrong?"
Then we'd say,"We are very sorry, but your car has a terminal case of Dutch Elm Disease".
Ha ha! We used to have some fun there!
 ;D
Home of the Fireball 535 !

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 04:01:53 pm
Elio motors:  Real good price for what they are advertising and most parts were sourced here.
$ 1000 gets u in a confirmed line
This is the ONLY level that locks you into a confirmed position on the non-refundable reservation list. You will receive a certificate that specifies and confirms your position by number. We’ll also add a bonus of $250 to your $1,000, for a total of $1,250 to apply to the purchase of your Elio. Plus, you will receive a limited edition Elio T-Shirt and bumper sticker.