Author Topic: New laws for Illinois riders...  (Read 1935 times)

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
on: January 04, 2013, 07:24:33 pm
Here's the breakdown:

[Wheelies while speeding]
As part of Senate Bill (SB) 3452, any motorcyclists who pops a wheelie while speeding will incur some stiff fines - a minimum fine of $1000 for the first offense (petty), a minimum fine of $2500 for the second offense (misdemeanor), and a minimum fine of $5000 for the third offense (felony).

Keep those Bullets on one wheel guys - I know, I know, that front end comes up so easy if you grab too much throttle.

[Ape Hangers and "no hands" riding]
As part of SB 3452, all handlebars may not be higher than the height of the operator's head. Also, an motorcyclists must keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times.

No worries there - We should all be capable of txting with one hand by now.  Also, what's with no "e" in txting?  We need a new law for that I think.

[Red lights not activating for motorcycles]
According to HB S860, from Jan. 1 on, motorcyclists may proceed through a steady red light after a "reasonable" amount of waiting time. The problem is due to their low weight, motorcycles don't always trigger the sensors, and the light fails to turn green.  Note this doesn't apply to cities where the population exceeds 2 million people (only Chicago).

Not a problem for your average Illinoisian as studies show that years of deep dish pizza abuse and swallowing sausage-by-the-truckload has ensured enough heft in riders to turn the lights green twice as fast.

Hey - Now you fine folks from the Land of Lincoln know. ;)  Ride safe. Go Cubs.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:39:31 am
[Red lights not activating for motorcycles]
This is good to know. I have a light right outside my area that I constantly have to time right. Need to eat more. Thanks for sharing.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 01:12:37 pm
Next will be a 2-sheet limit on toilet paper usage.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:36 pm
How true Ace.  ERC  :P
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:25:16 pm
sooo ... speeding is OK, popping a wheelie is OK ... just do not do both at once ???

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 11:26:01 pm
Go Cubs ! Oh hell Yeah !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 03:32:32 pm
Ha ive eaten plenty of deep dish and my ass still don't trip the lights in my chi town area! And screw all this go cubs stuff, go Sox south side!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 08:06:52 pm
Most places, it's not weight that triggers the lights, it's a magnetic thing. If you have a lot of steel in your vehicle it will interrupt the flow of the electrical flux around the wiring. The way to tell if it's magnetic or weight triggered, The magnetic ones usually have in imprint in the street that can be round or square and some other shape, that doesn't look like a metal plate. If there is a metal plate there, it's probably weight activated.
Ride just off to the side of the magnetic wire running parallel to you, or if it's a circle ride about 76" inside the circle. These are usually the best spots to trigger the actions.
There is no guarantee with these locations, but it's where I have the best luck. Does not mean it will work everytime. But I fairly good luck with them.
Most people think they are weight activated, but they are wrong in most cases. It have the media print it like that doesn't surprise me. they get most everything wrong!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 11:39:28 pm
speaking of Illinois and being a former resident I feel obligated to share...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should the U.S. pull out of Chicago?

Body count: 

In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago  (221 killed in Iraq) AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire U.S.

The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats.

President:  Barack Hussein Obama
Senator:  Dick Durbin
House Representative:  Jesse Jackson Jr.
Governor:  Pat Quinn
House leader:  Mike Madigan
Atty. Gen.:  Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)
Mayor:  Rahm Emanuel

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.
State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country.
Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% - highest in country.

Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

And this culture is gonna 'fix' Washington politics for us?
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill