Author Topic: How many km/miles can an UCE go?  (Read 1466 times)

Oddis71

• Neophyte
on: April 26, 2013, 06:16:17 am
Hi,

I'm considering buying a Royal Enfield. It's looks and design got me hooked. It will be my first MC since 1995 when I sold my Harley Softail.

I've been reading for hours on this forum to learn about it's strength's and weaknesses. I'm curious for how long we can expect an UCE/Bullet to go? The most I've read about is 20 000 miles by one member.

Of course, I know UCE is pretty new, so perhaps to early to ask this question?

Anyone driven more than 20 000 miles on their bike? How about AVL?

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:24:16 am
My father did more than 100,000km (62,000mi) on his early 1980s Enfield Bullet 350 - Cast Iron. He had no major problems with the bike, which is very surprising. Just did the usual oil change, points check, spark plug, carb, de-coke, chain etc

In my opinion, the UCE should manage at least that amount, considering the improvements and the more reliable nature of this motor. But that does not mean that we don't have to take care of the UCE. If we keep following the service requirements, keep the sprag clutch on the safe side, and ride at comfortable speeds, the UCE should give you many many happy miles.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Rich Mintz

• Grand Gearhead
  • Daily rider in the city
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:59:05 pm
20,000 seems awfully low, even from a common-sense standpoint. It would mean I'm already more than a tenth of the way through the life of my bike, and I just got it at Christmas.
Rich Mintz - New York City
richmintz@richmintz.com
2010 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 • 2015 SYM Symba
[/URL]