HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Ohio River

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 06, 2016, 09:49:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RE news: changes coming.  (Read 1263 times)

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Re: RE news: changes coming.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 11:48:02 am »
What I've been reading here mirrors what happened in the U.K. when the RE importer changed a couple of years ago. All dealers are now required to have a minimum stocking level across the range, and specific demo bikes for customer test rides. I'm sure there will be a few complainers, but on the whole it's worked well, there has also been a fortune plowed into marketing since the changeover.

Except there is a slight difference between an importer/distributor and RENA.  While an importer/distributor is under agreement or contract to bring in an inventory of bikes and parts and to develope a network of dealers, RENA is a satellite arm of the mothership herself and can be held to whatever standards she deems as necessary to reach her goals.

Will this be more successful than the success CMW has acheived?  Time will tell.  It'd be nice in a sick kind of way if it fell on it's face for a while.
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 12:43:24 pm »
Except there is a slight difference between an importer/distributor and RENA.  While an importer/distributor is under agreement or contract to bring in an inventory of bikes and parts and to develope a network of dealers, RENA is a satellite arm of the mothership herself and can be held to whatever standards she deems as necessary to reach her goals.

Will this be more successful than the success CMW has acheived?  Time will tell.  It'd be nice in a sick kind of way if it fell on it's face for a while.
Point taken. Plus there are potentially more customers in one US state than there is in the entire UK which makes a huge difference.
Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.

firecaptp7

• Bulleteer
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 10:16:17 am »
Well .... If all goes according to plan ....
In a few days I'll know exactly who my nearest RENA dealer will be. When will the drum roll begin?  ::)

I'm actually hoping for really good news. Haven't heard any rumors, but from a business perspective it would seem that RE would want to establish dealerships in metropolitan areas where the population base is larger and younger than in small rural towns?
In The Garage - Enfield C5, Kawasaki W650, Honda ACE, Honda FT500, BMW R75/5

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 11:16:11 am »
I made a trip by my local guy over Christmas and the Enfield sign is still in the window and lit up.

Good sign, I think. I hope (these guys are GOOD for the brand. I can buy anything. I chose Enfield).
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

firecaptp7

• Bulleteer
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 01:45:41 pm »
I'm guessing that many RE riders are in the same boat that I am ... Nearest dealer has been about 200 miles away. But I live only 50 miles from the nearest big city. I would appreciate having a "good" dealership that close to me. But I won't hold my breath.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:11:51 pm by firecaptp7 »
In The Garage - Enfield C5, Kawasaki W650, Honda ACE, Honda FT500, BMW R75/5

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 Royal Maroon C5 Special
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 10:29:43 am »
   If the dealer in Las Cruces remains in business, it's still 300+ miles away, so I've ordered up a complete set of AVL factory tools+UCE tools and quite a few spares for insurance as I don't foresee anyone in New Mexico biting on a franchise soon.
Rather than have a homeless person for the holidays, I decided to stick with ham.