Author Topic: Tail light installation on 2011 B5  (Read 5847 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 06:56:59 pm
Matt,
I see your problem now. I think I'd just go with the belt sander idea. It's gong to be hard to find something with the hump consideration. However  see what you can find with the Indian purveyors. They might have something specific for the old style fenders.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 08:04:56 pm
Anybody have a particular Indian purveyor they like?  I've tried to contact a few - "royalenfieldzone.com" gave me a completely outrageous quote (luggage rack for behind a solo seat on a B5: $150 + $100 shipping!).  The other two never responded at all...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 08:12:15 pm
Well, the more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to try to fit the light without removing material - mount the top end flush to the fender, get a couple of spacers for the bottom bolts to securely anchor the lower end, and then fill in the gaps more or less water-tight with something ... black rubber I can trim to fit, or perhaps some closed cell foam (I have some leftover black pipe insulation which might fit the bill).  As long as it's black, I'm pretty sure it will disappear, as is will be almost completely hidden behind the license plate and my turn signals (if my mounting idea for them works)...

Anyone have any suggestions about what I might try?  How do you shape a thin rubber slab into a wedge?   :o