Author Topic: cylinder needed 55/57 500 twin along with other parts  (Read 1654 times)

matchless

• Neophyte
on: December 22, 2012, 01:42:24 am
Hello, Rodney here...
I picked up a 55/56 indian tomahawk and now in the middle of restoring the engine. All was going good until, while honing one of the cylinders, discovered a crack in the spigot. I have taken the cylinders out to +.040 to match the new pistons that were in the engine. The PO did a poor job of boring, and left no clearance, and the bike must have siezed right after this rebuild. The pistons are scuffed but still in good shape. I sourced new rings, and am close to proper clearance, and the new discovery. I am going to try and silver braze the crack if I cannot find a cylinder.

Once the engine is complete I am going to try and find too many other parts for this bike. Simple to find stuff like a tank, fenders, seat, fork tubes, tool box/aircleaner, tail light/license mount, side stand. I am starting to wonder if I jumped into a problem with this bike. I have been spoiled restoring other model brit bikes it seems so far.

Any help with any of these items would be great. I have a number of used spares for norton, bsa, triumph type bikes

Thanks, Rodney