Author Topic: The All New Musket 998 is alive! First startup video is up!  (Read 4954 times)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 07:27:50 pm
I understand the pricing problem. Perhaps you could offer different stages of kits? For instance, I have a full machine shop and would only need the machined castings, crankpin, and other bespoke bits that are not stock RE. I would like to handle the frame mods myself. Just an idea, not having full knowlege of just how many RE parts are involved in this new model keeps it a guess. Anyway , theres my input.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 05:31:13 pm
Just as a starting point, Delkron sells harley big twin bare cases for $1100. These are fully cnc machined, no bearings. There are others out there on the web also if you wish to get an average. Not an absolute, but it should give you an idea of what the market will bear. Cheers, cyrus
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 04:46:55 pm
Not sure.
But the Vincent engine fit in the regular featherbed frame, with some special engine mounts added. Maybe this one might too.
The issue that I see is that this Musket has a wet sump with a prominent sump protrusion downward and toward the timing side. That isn't likely to fit down thru the frame cradle, and so that might cause the whole engine to need to sit higher. That could cause an issue with the fit.

Well, I sent an inquiry to the Santiago choppers guys, you know, since I suddenly find myself with an extra head and possibly an extra alloy barrel, and here's what he said:

hello

please contact  jw cycle in england for that i'm not interested to do it  to much headache for me
i'm sorry i do my work because i love it and i really don't like the royal enfield

alan

I guess you could buy the stock frame and have someone mod it.  Odd, I thought he'd be more interested in something that was closer to the character of a classic brit bike than an Evo sportster.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 07:53:48 pm
I dont blame him, for RE has earned a reputation. However, its pure ignorance to not know the difference etween a stock RE and what Aniket has created. I do hope that his prototype delivers in spades.

If you really want to go this route talk to the 'Rickman' people. They'd be a lot more interested. 

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 08:58:45 pm
It will require a complete and built engine for the frame builder to have on hand for making the best frame and engine combo.

I'm thinking about some custom frames and bodywork down the road, but I have to get the motor stuff completed first. There's 3 different engine platforms we are working on right now.
Home of the Fireball 535 !