Author Topic: New RE "Sport" and "T5"  (Read 1108 times)

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
on: December 06, 2012, 03:33:55 pm
I'm not sure if this is a factory thing, or a UK dealer thing. Copy and pasted from Visor Down UK. Pics in the link:

ROYAL ENFIELD has launched two new versions of its Bullet Classic 500 to hark back to days long past – and it's also offering kits to convert existing Classic 500s into the same spec for minimal cost.

First up is the Bullet Sports. Inspired (apparently) by the Crusader Sports of 1959, it gets drop bars and a Gold Star style silencer, plus a fly screen and bar-end-mounted mirrors. New, the bike costs £5,595 - £400 more than the base model – or you can buy all the bits for just £353.95.

Better still is the T5. No, not an early Terminator model, it's Enfield's take on the currently popular matte-green faux-military look. Yep, Ducati, Triumph and Moto Guzzi have all done it already, but the Enfield actually looks like it's dropped straight out of a WW2 movie thanks to real 1940s technology. Compared to the stock Classic Battle Green, it gets Continental Twinduro rubber, braced handlebars and an alloy bash plate. All in, it's only £5,395, or get the bits alone for £251.

Not a bad way to transform a bike for minimal outlay.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/new-royal-enfields/21926.html#ixzz2EHoEr7bq
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

REdmonton

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:57 pm
I like the look of the T5 for my Desert Storm. I wonder how the tires will perform. I would like a tire that I can feel confident on any terrain.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:38:16 am

Not a bad way to transform a bike for minimal outlay.

251 GBP for handlebars, tires, and a bit of AL sheet is minimal outlay?  Yikes.