Author Topic: Big Brother...  (Read 32600 times)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #150 on: December 17, 2013, 03:22:56 am
Here we go.   

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022469957_medicaidrecoveryxml.html

What the hell type of convoluted mess this place becoming.   Anyone for more of this mess needs their head examined..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #151 on: December 17, 2013, 04:10:37 am
More of the results of the 2700 pages of law that had to be passed before anyone could know what was in it - the ultimate "sight unseen" purchase by our Congress/Senate.

To top it off, 3+ years later, everyone is still trying to learn what was in that mess - including its authors!

gmmechanic

• Scooter
Reply #152 on: December 24, 2013, 03:03:21 am
Paranoia strikes deep.into your heart it will creep..it starts when your always alone...step out of line thell come and take you away...buffaloe springfield 1967 i think...All animals are equal but some are more equal than others...george orwell...just thoughts...uh oh i think the brain police are knocking >:( >:(
2014 c5 military

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #153 on: June 28, 2014, 12:01:12 am

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #154 on: June 28, 2014, 05:41:56 am
Ya don't think some of the environmentalists who do illegal things in this country in the name of "protecting the environment",  might not want  anyone listening in on their conversations do you?  :o
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #155 on: June 28, 2014, 03:45:57 pm
I heard they are about to officially turn on that new NSA facility that has the potential to listen and store every conversation on the planet (Not sure if that's entirely  true but probably close) ...I can't even imagine the rows of servers, hubs, screens, fiber/cat6 trunks , encryption platforms and Como infrastructure in that place to intercept , process and store the data...I bet the cafeteria serves great food at a decent price.....If they get hungry up there in that blimp they can always ease on down and have some chow with the employees   :o....Just mind boggling what can be done these days in a relatively short period of time.. 8).. 8) GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #156 on: July 31, 2014, 05:50:00 pm
unlimited time and tax money.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #157 on: July 31, 2014, 10:41:53 pm
More of the results of the 2700 pages of law that had to be passed before anyone could know what was in it - the ultimate "sight unseen" purchase by our Congress/Senate.

To top it off, 3+ years later, everyone is still trying to learn what was in that mess - including its authors!

As of now, it has cost us right around $850 Million just for the Obamacarewebsite that STILL isn't working correctly (& never will). And most of the numbers coming out of ANY of their mouths are lies. As is true of just about ANY number coming out of Washington about ANYthing. When you don't have ANY information, you cannot decide what is truth & what is lies. That's what they want.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #158 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:11 pm
This is the "CHANGE" that Obummer promised you. Hope you're happy!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #159 on: August 01, 2014, 06:03:12 am
You lucky devils,you're about to lose the right even to fly a model aeroplane as you see fit. See the FAA's statement on it. They're apparently not even authorised to make this law, but mister obama is gonna let them anyway. Toy planes for gods sake. Drone paranoia in the states is behind it and nothing will be done because modellers aren't a bunch of scary mofos like the NRA. Good luck.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #160 on: August 01, 2014, 07:47:58 pm
I just fly controlline, but they'll probably throw it in the ban, too, as the idiots are too stupid to know the difference!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #161 on: August 01, 2014, 11:58:47 pm
Was thinking as I was typing, "control line will probably make a huge comeback in the state soon. Happy days for Brodak et al ".
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #162 on: August 06, 2014, 09:23:00 am
 I guess I'll have to finish building that Nobler I started so long ago  :D
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #163 on: February 01, 2015, 01:52:08 am
Beyond left, right and center: The Transpacific Partnership

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

Remember the last time they pushed something through without oversight ? It did not turn out well for you and I. This wont wont either.

Call you senator!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O_Sbbeqfdw

Uncle Billy

• Bulleteer
  • Still knee dragging (now and then) after 60 years.
Reply #164 on: February 01, 2015, 03:41:32 pm
All of this came about because for the first time since 1812 the war came from outside to inside the US, and it wasn't brought here by an organized nation "over there", it was brought by fanatical, irrational ideas that unlike all previous wars we were involved with don't need an industrial base or a geographical location, or in some ways even communication between its proponents to operate- the soldiers in this war have no need for an army, a navy, an air force; IEDs, suicide-bound zealots wearing explosive vests, pressure cookers full of explosives in a backpack are their weapons, along with compromising our assets like airliners and rental trucks.  Paraphrasing Pogo with one word added" "We have seen the enemy and he is (among) us".  The mentality that is stalled at the concept that war is only nations violently (or threatening violence) opposing each other, enemies being full-on industrial nations equipped as we are to wage war on a grand scale at specific, obvious locations (such as east Germany or the Pacific or western Europe) is in dangerous error.

What is the US to do about this threat?  If the guy next door has terrorist intentions, how are we to be protected from his attack?  If all the means and methods the government has to find and thwart assassins such as Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev or Timothy McVeigh or Mohamed Atta are known, then we have no effective defenses.  Who knows what might have been done had a government agency saw the words "Ammonium nitrate" "nitromethane" and "Waco" in an email and looked into who sent it.

Thanks to Snowden, one of the most effective means of finding such threats was revealed to the public, thereby diminishing its effectiveness; the clamor of the public who thought of nothing but their opinion that their rights were being abused added to its neutralization.

I don't mind if the government wants to read my emails any more than I mind a police car behind me in traffic.  I have nothing to hide, I'm doing nothing that threatens anybody or breaks any laws.  If they choose to investigate me they will soon find that out.  And if such surveillance would lessen the risk of a shopping center blowing up or another building being leveled, I'm OK with it.

I don't have a fundamental distrust of the government, I look to it to do whatever is necessary to protect us, within the limits of the premise that ours is a government "of the people, by the people, for the people". As I see it if we are constrained by our ideals at the expense of what's practical in the service of our people, we are vulnerable.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:38:52 pm by Uncle Billy »
2019 Royal Enfield 650 GT
2014 Royal Enfield 535 GT
1984 HONDA VF750 INTERCEPTOR
1975 Yamaha DT 100
1973 Yamaha RD 250 made into a cafe racer in 1975
1973 Yamaha TY 175 Trialer
1966 Yamaha DT 125 Enduro   X2