Author Topic: Big Brother...  (Read 32622 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #90 on: August 21, 2013, 03:53:42 pm
Chew on this...I hope we don't sign up to this....

http://api.ning.com/files/wD-b8tJJjO0w57xbpMVIyG9A3U1SWI4GVce-qBH*ch4HXhnXeXtVNTlOjwriR-8DUhYfDX2gzhcNK61cC*Dg15eN*mnB72Pz/Untitled.jpg

Yes. That's another part of it.

It should all be painfully obvious now as to exactly where this is all going.
And it ain't pretty.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #91 on: August 21, 2013, 04:24:51 pm
Yes. That's another part of it.

Yup, well it pretty much spells that out on a official level and no double talk in that memo...Of course our government would have to sign off on it ...First you create a new philosophy that gun ownership is a thing of the past and re enforce this approach in a methodical and creative manner... Once you have instilled this in the population at large, you begin implementation via the legislative process, and courts. Confiscation is the easiest part of the entire process with a well paid  law enforcement in place.  The again, you could make the selling and distribution of certain ammunition illegal and let time march on but that's normally not that way these things happen..
Oh Magoo you done it again

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #92 on: August 21, 2013, 04:51:24 pm
... Once you have instilled this in the population at large,...

And "they" are succeeding in doing that through the media and school system.  I used a pocket knife at church to open a box.  A little, 1.5" x 1/4" blade "gentleman's" knife.   A 20-something male flipped out and told the pastor that I had a "weapon".   Several others his age asked me why I would carry one!  Reason prevailed, but it illustrates that they've already made inroads where a once common item is now scary and reported.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #93 on: August 21, 2013, 05:17:00 pm
A 20-something male flipped out and told the pastor that I had a "weapon". 

Wouldn't it be interesting to see how the younger generation responds to all out military draft if the need arose...Violence at even that level would be considered taboo and illegal in many minds..I don't think the national psychic of Russia, China and many others would even consider  that perspective..You should have told them you were taking your frustrations out on the box.. The pastor would have examine your conscience and absolved you after you finished your penitence..I'm so thinking Crocodile Dundee and the pulling the knife out scene.. ;D

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #94 on: August 21, 2013, 09:31:14 pm
The pastor was a ROK soldier before he went to seminary and moved to the US.  The assistant pastor was in the US Army in Iraq.  They just shook their heads in disbelief.  They can't believe where things are headed either.
Added:  South Korea is like Switzerland in that they have compulsory military service.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:33:54 pm by D the D »
1975 XLCH

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #95 on: August 21, 2013, 10:50:05 pm
yes I have read about the Swiss defense force..That's a interesting subject in itself..Reminds me a bit of our revolutionary citizen soldier concept but in a seamless modern sense .It goes along way to establish military responsibilities as a norm...

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #96 on: August 22, 2013, 01:42:46 am
.Violence at even that level would be considered taboo and illegal in many minds..

I think part of the reason we see mass shootings is that we have distanced our mainstream culture quite far from real, actual violence (rough sports, play, scuffles, slaughtering animals for food, etc.) and its often-tragic real-life consequences, and made violence the mark and license of alienation and dis-satisfaction.  Coupled, of course, with the use of violent imagery/ideas in media that have no real consequence.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #97 on: August 22, 2013, 05:19:01 am

http://api.ning.com/files/wD-b8tJJjO0w57xbpMVIyG9A3U1SWI4GVce-qBH*ch4HXhnXeXtVNTlOjwriR-8DUhYfDX2gzhcNK61cC*Dg15eN*mnB72Pz/Untitled.jpg

I think we already have. I'm pretty sure our favorite S.O.S.  Hillary signed a
UN treaty.  The big question is are we really bound to it? Why should we recognize the
UN as a higher power??
  can you smell what they is cook'in??
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #98 on: August 22, 2013, 06:30:35 am
I think we already have. I'm pretty sure our favorite S.O.S.  Hillary signed a
UN treaty.  The big question is are we really bound to it? Why should we recognize the
UN as a higher power??
  can you smell what they is cook'in??

The Prez and SoS can sign anything they want, but it isn't binding until the Senate approves it by a two thirds aye vote.   Some parts of the Constitution even the poo hole can't ignore.
1975 XLCH

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #99 on: August 22, 2013, 02:47:19 pm
the catch on this is that it's a treaty....
I don't believe must ratify a treaty.....
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #100 on: August 22, 2013, 03:59:59 pm
“If this be treason, make the most of it!”
― Patrick Henry

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #101 on: August 22, 2013, 04:05:59 pm
the catch on this is that it's a treaty....
I don't believe must ratify a treaty.....

Article II, Secton 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution says a Treaty has to be ratified by 2/3 vote of the US Senate.  An Agreement only requires a simple majority vote, but still has to be ratified by the US Senate.  The intention of an Agreement is understood to be temporary, the intention of a Treaty is understood to be permanent.
There's no way around it other than to push legislation that would comply with the intent without actually entering into a treaty.  Which is what the left/libs are trying to do anyway.
1975 XLCH

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #102 on: August 23, 2013, 01:06:00 am
well alrighty then...  feel'in better bout this
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #103 on: August 23, 2013, 02:22:54 am
....Which is what the left/libs are trying to do anyway.

That way, we can all join hands with the people of the world and merrily sing Kumbaya while Foreign governments decide how we should live .   :o

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #104 on: August 23, 2013, 02:26:33 am

The fact that the stilted language of this document didn't tip you off that it's an Internet hoax designed to whip up emotion is, frankly, a little disappointing.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/unoda.asp