Author Topic: Big Brother...  (Read 32582 times)

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 03:52:17 pm
IRS will never go away: 1st thing a new Congressman or Senator does is find sources of money to campaign for the next election, 2nd thing is look for new sources of revenue to fund idiotic programs and pork so that people will give money for #1.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 04:45:21 pm
I thought I lost my keys today, but then the NSA called and told me they were in my other pants
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 04:45:47 pm
I usually don't get involved in political crap, but here I go:  The American government is grossly corrupt.  It doesn't matter who's in office, democratic or republican, EVERYONE involved in the government is corrupt.  The president, secretary of defense, even your local mayor is corrupt in some shape or form.  Our government is based strictly off of only informing the public with the information THEY want you to know.  It is formed around lies and deception and manipulating cash flow so that rich keep getting richer while the middle and lower classes struggle harder every year.  It's a crock of shit, and no matter who you voted for, you voted for corruption.  Which is why I won't vote for anyone in a government that lies to their people to better their own propaganda.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 04:47:14 pm
I read an article the other day about what a new congressman/senator has to go through to fund raise. Basically other than to vote most of their waking moments are supposed to be on the phone asking for money. It was several hours EACH day.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 04:55:07 pm
I read an article the other day about what a new congressman/senator has to go through to fund raise. Basically other than to vote most of their waking moments are supposed to be on the phone asking for money. It was several hours EACH day.

Kevin - Key Words there are "SUPPOSED TO".  I'm pretty sure the last couple elections several candidates proved that to not be the case.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 05:37:31 pm
I thought I lost my keys today, but then the NSA called and told me they were in my other pants
Hahaha!  Luv it!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 06:59:14 pm
Ace:  I understand why it was initiated but feel their is a now a overreach with it..How many domestic individuals are we talking about that feel requires monitoring? Maybe they feel we have become infiltrated with individuals that have sympathies with terrorist organization.. The reason I ask that question is I thought the numbers are in 20/30 million range.  Who knows what the numbers are.   You then delve into the realm of "who are the terrorist and who isn't game".. What is the criteria that gets you on the list or is really just random.  Can u be on the list one maonth and taken off the next?   A real slippery slope I say but we are assured from the top down that the policy will have strict oversight (That makes u feel better/doesn't it )...The other problem is that their is a huge economic dependency involved (here we go again) but it is what it is...I understand your concern re. letting a few in control of such power. Might be a double edge sword for them too as history has shown  that the builder of such things are the ones that it's eventually turned on...I'm gonna sit back, go for a ride and wait n see if this  just exit stage right"with the upcoming "Life in Florida trial"..
Oh Magoo you done it again

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 07:18:23 pm
238 years ago, Benjamin Franklin wrote,

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

It looks like ole' Ben wouldn't like what is going on now in Washington. :(

GreenMachine,
I think Arizoni summed it up.
And I'll add that in a free society, a person looks to himself to fill his needs, and privately contracts and trades with people of his choosing.
When people look to government to solve their needs, then they have delivered themselves into tyranny, whether wittingly or not.

I realize that it's difficult to grasp truth in the midst of such a continuous barrage of media propaganda. Here's an example to simplify things. A "terrorist" might be able to kill someone, or blow up a city block or a sports event. But only the government can destroy all that America has ever been or will become, by obliterating the Constitution and the American way of life, and putting people into chains under the false pretense of "security".
In other words, the intent of government to move into this intrusive and oppressive direction poses a far far greater danger to this nation than any terrorist ever could. "Terrorists" are small potatoes compared to the danger of government at this time. "Terrorists" are essentially "the boogeyman" used by government as the excuse to push their total domination scheme into action. Don't think it's true? Just watch them do it. There's nobody that can stop them but the American people, and the American people are too brainwashed to even see what is going on, and are cheering "USA, USA, USA" while it all goes down, just like Germany in 1938.

I certainly recognize that this is not just a Democrat vs Republican issue, and it's more or less a "tag team" process which is going on.
And I fully understand that those who are coming into this concept from a completely uninitiated perspective, having been thinking that what they are told by gov't and media are anywhere near "truth", may very well find my opinions to seem ludicrous and preposterous.

This would be "my 2 cents" on the matter.
And these 2 cents come from more than 40 years of watching what they are doing, and being able to recognize the vector, the strategies, and the tactics.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I don't expect, or ask for, agreement with my positions.  They are presented as information for anyone to do with as they wish.
"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance".
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:19:55 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 08:12:57 pm
Yesterday afternoon I composed a 3 paragraph post about for this thread but did not hit post and went to dinner.  When I got done I reread it and decided just to delete the thing, just so depressing...

Ace is correct about things going badly.   

I prefer not to be a "Good American" 2013 as I think t is indeed equivalent to being a "Good German" in 1937 or a "Good Russian" in 1925.   It is sad to see the freedoms secured by thousands of lives over the past 200 years given away in the course of one generation.   Of course we may not be free but the baby boomers will have their healthcare and social security,  it does not seem to matter that their grandchildren will be wards and slaves of the statest machine...   

Oh damn,, there I go again with the rants.......
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:47 pm
Garbone :  Of course we may not be free but the baby boomers will have their healthcare and social security,  it does not seem to matter that their grandchildren will be wards and slaves of the statest machine...

Garbone:  Well they were just playing by the rules that were decided for them at that time (FDR new deal) ....But that's only part of the problem if you believe what they are marketing is correct.  I'm not convinced that the money that was invested in Social Security ever existed in the first place...Just a concept with a paper trail is what it ever was from its conception...Good excuse to use for diverting attention and especially useful for creating generational scape goating .You know - It's their fault (Mon and Dad) ...Think about it - It's working well that line of thinking..All u have to do is keeping hammering the concept out.  I hear it quite a bit from my friends 20-30 yr old offspring.  Yup I could see them welch on that  bet....One thing for sure, they'll welch on that before they welch on the Chinese...That would create some bad problems indeed.
Kids - I hope not.. I thinking of the scene in "Ben Hur"..Row well No 41 and live...

In other words, the intent of government to move into this intrusive and oppressive direction poses a far far greater danger to this nation than any terrorist ever could. "Terrorists" are small potatoes compared to the danger of government at this time. "Terrorists" are essentially "the boogeyman" used by government as the excuse to push their total domination scheme into action. Don't think it's true? Just watch them do it. There's nobody that can stop them but the American people, and the American people are too brainwashed to even see what is going on, and are cheering "USA, USA, USA".

Ace: Like how u think.They would counter that although your ideals are noble it isn't enough to stop the creeping advances of evil doers...Frankly, I'm not sure if their really is a true fix for this situation.  Personally I don't see why they can't hunt terrorist without having to construct huge data mining centers throughout our  country.  Maybe they will explain that to us instead of patting us on the head and telling us "Don't u worry your pretty little head"...."
Oh Magoo you done it again

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 10:06:52 pm

Ace: Like how u think.They would counter that although your ideals are noble it isn't enough to stop the creeping advances of evil doers...Frankly, I'm not sure if their really is a true fix for this situation.  Personally I don't see why they can't hunt terrorist without having to construct huge data mining centers throughout our  country.  Maybe they will explain that to us instead of patting us on the head and telling us "Don't u worry your pretty little head"...."

The tip-off hint is that they leave the borders wide open. If there was a real terrorist threat, the borders would be closed as tight as a drum.  This is the tip-off that the whole aim is to control the existing domestic population inside the US, because that is where all their activities are targeted, while the borders are as porous as a sieve. They are spying on all our phone calls and data. They are putting us in cattle-lines at airports and subjecting us to dehumanizing searches. They have created a whole new "gestapo-like" DHS Federal Police Force. Militarized all the state and local police forces, and instilled an "us vs them" mentality in law enforcement. They have created programs to make Americans suspect each other, as if we are all potential "terrorists" that should be "snitched" on.
It's all a "mis-direction ploy". They aren't really concerned much, if at all, about "terrorism". It's just their "boogeyman du jour", to give plausible excuses for their domestic crack-down .
And the border is the tip-off as to what is really going on.

The reason they leave the borders open is because they have another plan which that ties into.
And that plan is the National ID Card, which they always attach to all these "immigration reform" attempts, so that they can have us all tagged and categorized and trackable, under the thinly veiled excuse that they "need to be able to tell who's an illegal alien". They don't care who's an illegal alien. They aren't deporting any of them anyway. They have been letting them in unimpeded for decades now, just to create this exact situation.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:13:39 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 04:20:51 am
I keep saying this but it all boils down to the making illegal of what was in the Declaration of Independence...

-That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--

Patriot act NDA and other crap now makes this illegal... while the DOI is not a law per se, it IS our Founding Document, and the MOST important piece of our history IMHO.

So yeah everything is not ok... Just us guys talking about this is popping flags on Govt computers in all likelihood and that is part of what is so wrong with it all...

I'll say it again just so THEY hear me...

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ABOLISH THE GOVT WHEN IT DOES WHAT IT HAS BEEN DOING AND NOW IF WE EVEN TRY, IF WE EVEN TALK ABOUT IT, WE ARE DOMESTIC TERRORISTS... AND THAT IS BULL SHIT!
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 01:34:10 pm
sounds like you guys need to challenge that law in your supreme court. that's what the separation of powers is for. maybe they believe the climate science -4 to6 degrees of warming leading to a breakdown of food production and supply and associated chaos it may bring. it is totalitarianism without a doubt, however you frame it or attempt to justify it. it is telling that your agencies feel completely free to impose themselves on other sovereign states.  bit rude ,don't you think. australia is hardly a hotbed of terrorism. not to mention the pursuit of julian assange.
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 01:40:38 pm
seriously,the folk who wrote your DOI knew what they were doing. so sad to see it compromised.
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: June 21, 2013, 09:04:20 pm
Here is more: http://news.yahoo.com/british-spy-agency-taps-cables-shares-nsa-guardian-181011320.html

Should have voted for Ron Paul when we had a chance ! His son, has his rhetoric ....but does he have his conviction ?