Author Topic: Big Brother...  (Read 32626 times)

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 04:12:27 pm
Yes they do bob. I saw it on Paul Blart Mall Cop.
The echelon program has been in use for years to sift and sort dates for years. Many laughs can be had at the expense of the fear mongers. Next thing they well do is stock pile freeze dried foods and move into the bushes of Michigan out in Nevada.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:49 pm
i heard the newer phones have gps built in. that show your location. without the need to triangulate.

Not only that, but all iphones from the iphone 2 onwards, embed the GPS location in all iphone photos. So do many high end cameras.

http://osxdaily.com/2010/07/06/get-iphone-photo-gps-geolocation-data/

It's possible with the latest iphones to turn off the GPS data if you know how, but not possible on older phones.

The moral of the story is do not send the ex-wife (or the FBI for that matter) mocking iphone photos of you at your secret hideout in the Bahamas without disabling the GPS function :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:13:49 pm by GlennF »

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 04:50:01 am
Ok,just let me know when the camera is pointed my way so I can flip 'em off.

iowarider

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 07:48:44 am
Ran across this old thread, and thought it interesting to see how all of us felt then. How do we feel now? I like a show called Person of Interest. The whole premise is the government built a computer program that linked all cameras of any kind and could keep track of virtually anyone of interest. The hook is the computer identifies folks that are going to do harm to the country, "terrorist". It also shows individuals that are about to be harmed but the government considers them irrelevant. Those are the ones the shows stars try to save the day for.

Sorry for the long lead in, but man, talk about a show reflecting reality. The use of cameras of all types, facial recognition software, sifting those massive databases we talked about last time, as you know those are the tools that brought to justice the New York Marathon bombers.
82, Honda CX500
82  Honda GL500
2004 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 05:20:55 pm
It's 1984
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 08:30:53 pm
On the other hand, and I'm just saying, my experience is that most governments couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. ::) ::) ::)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 10:25:39 pm
On the other hand, and I'm just saying, my experience is that most governments couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. ::) ::) ::)

Indeed, the only saving grace is that there is massive incompetance in Government. 

Here are a few that make me think it is worse than people want to admit.    A lot of folk seem to turn a blind eye because of the politics of the powers that be.  I remember rants about the Patriot act back in the day.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/google-hand-data-fbi-judge-article-1.1360580

http://news.linktv.org/videos/holder-fed-ap-spying-appropriate-for-serious-leak

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/11/irs-tea-party_n_3260286.html

ugggg.....

This is my Fav...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/29/eric-holder-bureau-chiefs_n_3352962.html

Nope,  no smoke filled room with a bunch of like minded people controlling what we actually see, hear and think..  Nothing too it at all..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:04:18 am by baird4444 »
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 07:47:27 pm
Mehh,  it may just be too late.. Probably was when everyone was going on about Bush and I was poo pooing it.     

Watching the world burn.......   I have a feeling the Republic is dead, now we have bread and circuses..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 10:20:14 pm
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 02:54:13 am
I'm not in the US now, so this isn't on my radar 24/7 like it is for you guys back home.  Below is not an opinion on whether I like this or not, but just my understanding of the legal facts.

From what I've read in a few articles, the phone records accessed were call registers.  There never has been a Constitutional expectation of privacy in these; they are third-party records.  US vs Miller, I believe, is the case law.  With phone records, it's established that since pretty much anyone in the billing department can see the numbers you've called and the duration of those calls, you've lost any expectation of privacy.

Actual contents of your calls...wiretapping in transit of the signal...is where you do have an expectation of privacy.  This requires a warrant to achieve.  (A Title III warrant, in fact, which has more stringent requirements than a standard search warrant.)

Your Internet searches are likewise not private information.  You willingly disclose the subject of your search (and any of your Internet activity) to the ISP, a third party, in order to utilize the service.  You have to give them the URL you want to access in order to use the Internet, and this is logged, creating a record in which you don't enjoy privacy.

Mail is the same way--the contents of your communication are private, but the addressing on the envelope can be seen by many people, so you have no privacy in the simple fact you sent or received a letter from someone.  What the letter says is private, unless and until it's in the recipient's hands.  Then it's up to the recipient what to do with it.  (Or the government, to force disclosure through a court order if recipient is unwilling to disclose.)

Basically, you have to tell another non-government person something to use these voluntary consumer products. Once you tell another non-government party something, you've lost an expectation of privacy in that information.  You have no control over who the third party shares the information with, including the government.  By nature of having told something to someone else, that information is not private, whether you really hoped that person would keep his mouth shut or not.

There's an inherent lack of privacy in Internet communications, whether people like it or not, or whether they realize it or not.  I do see a new Constitutional interpretation on the horizon, however, as there has been in the past with telecommunications advances.  There are also federal telecom privacy laws which could conflict with the government's actions, but I'm not an expert on those. 

In the meantime, the SCOTUS case law is pretty clear on third-party records.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 06:30:02 am
Whether folks like it or not, I think you hit the nail on the head AgentX.  Several times.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 04:10:44 pm
This has been going on for a good while anyway but not at the level that we are reading in the news. They have obligated huge funding to facilitate construction and associated infrastructure to capture and store just about any/all data that falls under the auspice of the Patriot act.    IMO when the words "terrorism, home land security, etc are used to substantiated the building and usage of such entities, it warrants the opposite examination of what happens to this type of program if and when you completed the desired objectives....What then, do you shut down the program and turn off the lights...Programs are build with a key purpose and their utilization  applied over  intended audience. The problem is who is the next audience if you completed the original intent.
Maybe well intentioned but so many times that theory been shot to hell too... Lots of money and good paying jobs in this endeavor. Try shutting that spigot off. The fact is building these huge data mining facilities is just the beginning, you might as well get use to it as nothing you can say or do is going to stop it.  ...GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 06:12:42 am
Too bad they are spending so much effort watching law abiding citizens while thousands of people on expired work visas from hostile countries can't seem to be located. So the scary thing is not what is happening, but what COULD happen if the wrong leadership takes control. If ol' Adolph had this info available, their wouldn't be a Jew or Gypsy left in the world.
08 Bullet ES (AVL)
The Enfield saves on gas, riding the Enfield saves on Prozac. ;)

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 04:49:18 pm
Too bad they are spending so much effort watching law abiding citizens while thousands of people on expired work visas from hostile countries can't seem to be located. So the scary thing is not what is happening, but what COULD happen if the wrong leadership takes control. If ol' Adolph had this info available, their wouldn't be a Jew or Gypsy left in the world.

You can tell which Jew or Gypsy is who by their phone number?  I did not know that...  is it in the prefix or the suffix that is so telling?

AgentX I think has explained it well enough.  What has happend and not necessarily for the good, is the 24 hour and instant second news cycle.  Once the talking heads and headline grabbing cable networks get a hold of an item like this issue, its completely overhyped and over exaggerated.  I don't believe everything the govt has to say on many issues, but if it makes me feel safe, and  I can walk the streets in some comfort of secruity, then do what's necessary..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:47:30 pm by rvcycleguy »
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames