Author Topic: Import a Bullet Std 350 into US (MA)  (Read 1244 times)

OldBullet350Std

• Neophyte
on: February 16, 2015, 04:25:28 pm
I have a 2009, Bullet Std, 350. One with the cast iron engine, gears on the right and I'm the first owner. Had it for nearly six years now.

I may be moving to Massachusetts, US soon. I probably know the answer to the question but I have to ask anyway. Yes, I have Googled around.

Can I import this motorcycle into the US? Are there any special rules that I can use to import it  into the US?

Thanks for reading this.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 05:19:12 pm
No, you cannot.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:52:18 pm
When you arrive here you will find some RE's imported form India. It can be done,has been done several times BUT the process requires breaking some rules, not something I would advise. The process in pretty involved....not worth the effort. You could easily buy a used 500, or even a 350 for that matter for not too much.

The following website lists most RE's for sale in the US: www.royalenfields.com

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:07:44 pm
The only way I'd advise importing it privately is finding one that's over 25 years old.  It's what I did.  Very simple paperwork with customs; you just show the registration that shows it's over 25 years, and get a No Objection letter from the transit office, and fill out a few forms certifying that it's old enough, thereby precluding the need to meet any safety or emissions standards.

Obviously the 2009 isn't going to make that.  You could get yourself an older frame and try sticking everything on that, or just trade the bike for an older model.

OldBullet350Std

• Neophyte
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 02:48:39 am
 :(

Thanks for the info.