Author Topic: replace swing arm bushings  (Read 850 times)

fritz1914

• Scooter
on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:38 pm
greetings fellow bulleters! I'm about to replace my swing arm bushings on my c5 and I'm wondering does anyone have the tool to get the measurement  for these thing's? I'm cheap, and thought if someone could give the measurements i could make my own.....thanks in advance.

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:46 pm
You can buy a measurement tool at Harbor Freight to verify the existing dimensions on your bike, then make the bushings a custom fit to your bike.  I suspect there is some tolerance when they are manufactured in India, you could probably make your own with a close tolerance (not too close) that would work just as good as the OE bushes.  Maybe make them out of brass?  Something that will wear a little better than plastic?   Let us know how it turns out.

How many miles are on you bike anyway?   
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:55:28 pm by TWinOKC »
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

fritz1914

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:40:36 am
I'm sorry, i meant the tool which is a gauge for tightening and alignment of the swing arm.it looks like a flat bar of steel with two holes drilled in it. its part #st25110-3 , i suppose its cheep enough bit if i knew the length  id be tempted to make my own....... as far as bushings  you can get a heavier set from the dealer that wont wear as fast,and that's what i was planning. sorry about the mix up.