Author Topic: 2008 500cc Electra X Classic Valve Adjustment  (Read 13641 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 11:54:48 pm
If the main jet was clogged, you can bet the idle circuitry is clogged, too. You need to pull the carb off and get some carb cleaner and soak it for awhile. Then before you put it together you will see some tiny holes in the carb throat behind the needle and slide. Make sure these are clear, use a very small wire to clean them. I use a single strand of electrical wire to stick in them. Also some carbs have a tiny hole behind the mixture screw that will need a poke from the same wire. (Remove the screw and poke the wire into the hole.) Be careful not to hog out these holes.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

bitphire

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 04:38:21 am
Sorry for the long delay on the post. Wednesday I got a call about a 1999 Suzuki Intruder 1400 for $1000. I now own this bike as well, lol. It needs a little work but it does start and run! That's for another forum I would guess though, just need to find a good one like this one.

...the bike will not start and stay running!!
I hope the "not" wasn't supposed to be there?

You are correct, the NOT was a typo. It does start and run fine. I took it for a spin around the block without much trouble. I haven't had the time to mess with the bike but will check on those teeth and the headlight stuff you guys mentioned when I can. The Intruder has moved to the top of the fix list since it will be my main transportation while the Royal Enfield is waiting on my girlfriend to take the riding course and get her M endorsement.

I will keep posting any updates I have though when I do work on her bike!