Author Topic: Fluids  (Read 1420 times)

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
on: November 26, 2012, 06:53:47 pm
I changed out my oil and filter a few months ago and now I want to make sure all the other fluids in the other places is ok - or replaced.  I have the Snidal manual and should be able to get amounts I need but I wanted to see if anyone had any working advice about what to look for and what to avoid on this.  I know this is sort of an open ended question and lots of things could be addressed but I figured I'd give it a go.  I have an '08 ES Iron 500.  Since my local dealer pulled out of working on Enfields I've taken up the mantle.  I like doing it and knowing more and more.

THanks all

Eric
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES

Afro Samurai

• Bulleteer
  • Afro Samurai
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:29:45 am
Tons of vids on youtube...i like watching them...just before doing my own work...just to get some insight on what I will be seeing....

One thing for sure...you fill fluids to levels and markers...not capacities...or you will over fill everything....meaning...if something says 2.5l...dont try to simply load that amount...go to the level or marker or hole etc. for that chamber....thats been my exp so far...but many other more qual people on this chat for even better advice....

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:39:40 pm
University of youtube my wife calls it.  Great source for sure.  Thanks for the chunk of knowledge sir!
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES