Author Topic: Where to buy Parts?  (Read 1471 times)

Chris Desi

• Neophyte
on: November 26, 2012, 01:22:49 am
Hi,
I'm new to this website/community so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, etc. I have a 2003 Bullet Classic and wiped out a few years ago. Just getting back into riding and started the repairs. I need forks and some other front end stuff. Can anyone tell me where the best place is to order parts; specifically, forks, yoke and other miscellenous items. I live in New Jersey and the RE dealers around here are very few. And, the mark up going through these dealers are out of control. I was wondering if there was a "go to" place that people use to order their RE parts.  Thank you very much for any help you can give me.
Chris Desi

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:36:08 am
You can go through the forums host (NField Gear), Hitchcock's, or ebay which is mostly parts sold out of India.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 06:42:01 pm
     The Indian parts are often substandard. Even if you get them cheaper, they often are of poor finish or questionable tolerances. They do not come from the factory. They are usually older salvaged parts that are obtained from many secondary sources. Many are counterfeit. I am an Enfield dealer. I have been in the motorcycle business since 1974 and have worked with all the major brands and many smaller ones. The Enfield parts margin is about average. No one is getting rich on RE parts.
     What is probably coloring your perceptions is the re-entry syndrome. I often have customers come into the store that have not been into a motorcycle store for a great while. The sticker shock is huge because you have not seen the gradual rise in prices over time. You are absorbing 5 years of inflation in one shot. Try comparing comparable parts on, say, a 2003 Suzuki LS650. There will be some variations, but overall the price will be very similar.

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:17:16 am
I generally get my parts from NFieldGear. They have been pretty good to me.