Author Topic: Help with TM30 Jetting specs  (Read 851 times)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
on: March 27, 2013, 09:25:42 pm
Hello Everyone!

A friend of mine is planning to upgrade his carb and we thought TM30 will be good for a 350 UCE so we started checking on the net.. but not so sure about the jetting part. I was just wondering if anyone here used them on their UCE350s. For my VM34 carb, I had to change pilot, main and needles so do we need to do the same for Tm30s ?

-Sanket

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:53:20 pm
Hello Everyone!

A friend of mine is planning to upgrade his carb and we thought TM30 will be good for a 350 UCE so we started checking on the net.. but not so sure about the jetting part. I was just wondering if anyone here used them on their UCE350s. For my VM34 carb, I had to change pilot, main and needles so do we need to do the same for Tm30s ?

-Sanket

Highly likely that you will need to change jetting.
I have no idea how to tell you where to begin, other than the TM  is likely to be jetted too rich in its stock form.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:22:12 am
I am
Highly likely that you will need to change jetting.
I have no idea how to tell you where to begin, other than the TM  is likely to be jetted too rich in its stock form.

Yea, it's pretty tricky. I am guessing that 22.5 pilot and 130 pilot will be a good place to start from. I think I will try to search this forum for older posts and see if I can get lucky because I think I have seen some Tm30 related posts but not sure.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:15 pm
I just went thru ebay and other sites and figured that there are very less TM30s available. So I guess, we'll go for Keihin PWK 30mm :)