Author Topic: Good source for manual for C5 with UCE?  (Read 1955 times)

mplayle

• Bulleteer
on: November 14, 2012, 03:03:18 am
I have a deposit placed on a C5 Military UCE (with sidecar) and will be picking it up this coming weekend.  I'm located quite a way from the dealer, so will be doing much of my own routine maintenance.  (There was a dealer local, but they apparently dropped RE from their inventory.)  Where is a good source for obtaining a service manual on the current models with the UCE?

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:15:49 am
Where is a good source for obtaining a service manual on the current models with the UCE?

Welcome to the Forum.

Service Manual and related material can be bought from hosts of this website -

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/merchandise/books/uce-technical-library.html
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:20:02 am
If there is a local dealer you can order it there.  Otherwise just call our host and they'll have the factory manual.  It does assume certain level of mechanical aptitude.  If you're a beginner you probably also want a general moto manual to fill in the gaps.

Pete Snidal puts out an excellent manual for the older bikes but his UCE manual is very basic.  I have it but I wouldn't buy it again.  Probably the kind of thing that would help a total beginner with basic maintenance.

Scott

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:29:27 am
Thanks for the quick replies.  I went checking the "books" section of the host site and thought the set posted by singhg5 might be the right set to get, but wasn't sure.

I'm not a beginner to basic maintenance - my other "hobby" is classic Minis (have a 1961 in the garage).  Just new to RE's and been away from motorcycles for 10 years.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:07 am
If you know how to keep a Mini running, the Royal Enfield will be a piece of cake for you.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

perri

• Scooter
  • Italy
c5 2009 italy