Author Topic: Saddle Bags  (Read 1403 times)

Gypsyjon

• Grease Monkey
  • 201o G5 Deluxe Black & Chrome
on: November 23, 2012, 05:25:42 pm
What type of saddle bags do you guys recommend for a Bullet?

Also, how do they attach?

TIA

GA-DK

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 05:38:44 pm
Get mounting frame from CMW so that the do not rub on paint or get into rear wheel.  If you get the leather bags, give them a light spray with Scotchguard.  That works better than leather oil to keep them protected from water.    GA-DK

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 06:05:50 pm
Hi Gypsyjohn, follows a link from a previous saddlebag install.
 :)
I got the Musette bags from Amazon.com. search for "Fox Musette bag"  its sold through Amazon By Andrew Christian. The size that works is the small size which is (12x12x6) $9.99 Each + $5.49 Shipping. (I went to Tap Plastics a California Local Franchise and got some Styrene cut to size and had the same glued together (making a box) using their special glue, I'm sure any plastics shop can do the same for you. Also do a search for the same bags installed by "RAV".
 http//www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/ forum/index.php/ topic,14803.0.html
The clearance of the bag on the muffler is a  little over 1 1/2 inches, the heat does not affect the bag. attached are a few pictures.
Note: The actual dimensions of the bag are a bit smaller by approximately 1 Inch.
Cheers,
Mark
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 06:08:49 pm
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 12:07:11 am
Get mounting frame from CMW so that the do not rub on paint or get into rear wheel.  If you get the leather bags, give them a light spray with Scotchguard.  That works better than leather oil to keep them protected from water.    GA-DK

+1, I suppose.  The faux leather (plastic) "throw-over" bags, which I "threw-over" my rear fender, have scuffed the fender, and worn through the paint on the rear fender supports.  Too late, but I'm going to get some vinyl (or some other such) tubing, cut it along its length, and cover the supports to protect them from further scuffing.  Not sure what to do about the fender itself, maybe a leather chamois?  It's the dirt getting in that's scratching things up...

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,15273.msg166011.html#msg166011