Author Topic: Hello. Here's a video of my out in the MUD on my Trials Bullet in England.  (Read 2630 times)

Handmade Matt

• Scooter
I couldn't really see where to introduce myself on this forum, being my first post. So I thought I'd pop in here. I own two Enfields at the moment and have had three. My first was a dog of a 350cc in India which got me hooked. Then when I got home I bought a really nice shinny 2004 Bullet Classic 500cc which is my pride and joy. Recently I bought another non running 350 Bullet and converted it into a custom trials version to use on the back roads and Byways of England where I live. I made a video out and about yesterday and am interested to share it with you all. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhW5WtGaQw
www.HandmadeMatt.com

I write articles about all of my creations on my website.

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Welcome HM Matt Great video! Thanks
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
That was great...I  heard that England has bways through most of the country..Looks like they are kept up for too...GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
If I lived in England, I'd have to have one of those! We just don't have that many dirt trails in SoCal
Welcome to the forum. Obviously, nice bike!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Handmade Matt

• Scooter
Thanks for the support and encouragement. Royal Enfield ownership is a complete joy! There is an extensive network of these byways all across England. I live in an area that sports a lot of them thankfully. In my county (Surrey) there are 74miles of them. 1,500 miles of footpath and 750miles of bridleways. It is a beautiful part of the world. I had always thought that the States would have loads of trails as well? I plan to visit next autumn for three months, I intend to buy a motorcycle and tour where ever my heart takes me.
www.HandmadeMatt.com

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
In a lot of states there are a lot of open trails and such. Unfortunately, Cantafordia has deemed most areas that used  to be wonderful off-road riding places off-limits to motorcycles. The tree huggers rule out here.
Part of the reason I quit riding dirt bikes in the mid eighties is having to trailer out 150 miles to find a few miles of open areas. The bigger reason was the bikes were getting so tall, I couldn't reach the ground on them.
I could go off on a big rant about stupid government officials, but the world knows what we have here, so enough said.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Matt, nice bike and great video! It brought back memories of my youth  riding trails in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. Thanks. cochi :)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
wonderful..  thanks for the ride..  wish I could ride out my back door and be there.. ;D

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
That's a great video and a beautiful bike!  That's just the kind of off road riding I really enjoy.  I'm lusting for some trails now.  We have a few roads like that in Northern California but they are well guarded secrets.  I could see a secret society trail group coming out (probably already exists!)

REdmonton

• Bulleteer
This is one of the great things about RE. It can be a classic bike, cafe racer, trials, bobber, adventure touring, or whatever you want. Nice video of some cool terrain.

Lwt Big Cheese

• Grand Gearhead
  • Getting there, slowly...
HM, make the best of those byways whilst you can.

I started using them 10 years ago with old Landrovers, since then the bobblehatted bastards that are the Ramblers Association have made it increasingly difficult to enjoy the BOATS as they want all access for their own sole use. Consequently around here in Hertfordshire we have lost miles of BOATS.

Joining the TRF is a good way to help stop this outdoor fascism. >:(

Oh welcome BTW  ::)
No warranty implied or given.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
May contain nuts.

Handmade Matt

• Scooter
Thanks for the input everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the responses. It's a shame there aren't so many trails in California, I guess it is a more populated are of the States? Surely public rights of way are public knowledge though? Here they're shown clearly on maps, the information is not hidden at all. (Rightly so.) Here in the UK there are groups who want to close the byways to traffic but as far as I know it's a rather long and tricky process. Having said that, it is being done. Most of West Sussex's byways are now closed, I think that Surrey's unlikely to change anytime soon though. The TRF seem to be a good organisation from what I hear. I may well join in the new year.
www.HandmadeMatt.com

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Great video.  Love seeing Enfields do what they do well.  A real adventure bike, long before "adventure bikes" was even a thing.  Those roads were amazing.  There is lots of stuff like that in "New" England as well.  (No dirt in SoCal?  That's a bummer.  I imagine it all like "On Any Sunday.")

Like your resourcefulness filming too.  Set up cam, do some passes, retrieve cam.  Great shots.  Good tunes too... who was that?
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
What are the trials handlebars like on the highway ?

Handmade Matt

• Scooter
The song is Akeboshi - Wind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQFMQZ3K8Cc
It's a Japanese artist, I think it's the theme tune to a popular animation.

The handle bars are fine on the road, they do the job. I've not done any long distance though. I have another Royal Enfield Bullet 500cc for that.
www.HandmadeMatt.com