Author Topic: Look, I finally accomplished something....  (Read 9498 times)

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 04:42:29 am
Perfect! Looks great- You're gonna love it! Wonderful boats. When you look at the keel you cant even tell where the joint is between the glass and lead. I helped crush one up for the junkyard and I can tell you they are well made boats where it counts. It took half a day to get the keel off!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 05:56:02 am
Very nice, Gary. But better your hole in the water than mine! have fun, Dude!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #47 on: November 17, 2012, 05:35:23 pm
Yup, this thing makes the money I have spent on the REs' seem like chump change.    I got it for less than I payed for my 07' but I will probably end up more that triple the figure into it by the time I am ready to take it on a long trip.   

The boat is sailable as it but for the motor,  the previous owner said it would not run.  It took me about 20 minutes with the manual to realise the choke lever was missing and the throttle cable was damaged.   Got her running now and a new throttle cable on the way.    I attribute the ease of troubleshooting to my Enfield ownership. 

Now I just need to get her pulled and painted, tune up the electrics and convert over to LEDs.   

I am looking forward to getting her out and hoisting the sails once the new throttle cable shows.  Hopefully next weekend.

Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *