Author Topic: D&D exhaust on a 12 minute ride  (Read 6604 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 04:27:40 pm
I wouldn't worry too much about the noise. These things are quite inoffensive. The cops in SoCal seldom even look at Jack or me. Straight pipes might get a look, but none of the mufflers seem to.
Did have one actually turn around to see what we were up to on the 74 by Idlewild. We stopped as he went by the other way and when he got back to us, he just asked if we were OK, then drove on.  Maybe he was looking for a couple of kids blasting around and found we were just a couple of old sods and not worth messing with. Not that we weren't riding about as quickly a you can ride an Enfield under the circumstances. Like I say, they are very inoffensive.
Don't worry about it, just ride and enjoy! It keeps a smile on your face.
Bare 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:23:46 pm by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:18 pm
I already have Silman short bottle silencer (Indian made) with OEM replacement K&N air filter. The exhaust header pipe is still OEM.
Since with D&D full exhaust system seems to give the same mileage as stock; I am thinking about just getting the UP-4182 POD filter and attach it directly to the TB...Folks in this forum had tried directly attaching K&N air filter and had drop in mileage...Any idea if there might be similar issues with "UNI POD filter" setup?
I really do want to get the D&D full system but can't afford it right now...
Thanks.
2011 RE C5 (@25K + miles)
2012 Honda NC700X 6-speed (sold @26K miles)
2013 BMW R1200RT (@43K + miles)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 06:21:35 pm
.Folks in this forum had tried directly attaching K&N air filter and had drop in mileage...Any idea if there might be similar issues with "UNI POD filter" setup?

You would have the same problem. The intake tract length is the problem. You need a long Ram tube to get a smooth flow of air into the injector tube. That one doesn't like turbulence.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:28 pm
i emember the tube length discussion and was surprised that d&d had you put it right on the throttle body. it might be worth while to add a piece of pvc infront of the filter to see if it increases the mileage.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

RavenTooth

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 10:59:19 pm
Just installed the full DD exhaust on my Deluxe 500. I love it! It's loud but not crazy. The idle is not offensive, nor is it too loud when riding in a higher gear (to get out of my neighborhood without making my neighbors hate me.) When you open it up though, it gets loud and rips!

Haven't installed the airbox mod yet. Already it has made a big improvement. The sound makes it so much more fun to ride. It seems to have a little more torque, and the biggest thing I notice is it vibrates less on the highway. Cruising at anything between 65-75 was a lot of vibration before, the engine seems to run a lot smoother now.

If you have Instagram I posted a video. Search #ddexhaust #royalenfield #bullet500 tags and you'll find it.