Author Topic: 2009 Royal Enfield won't start, sat in storage for almost a year  (Read 3987 times)

randombikerdude

• USA Rider
  • Scooter
I was out of the country and stored my bike inside my condo, I drained all the fluids and removed the battery. Now I can't get it to turn over, I've replaced with fresh gas and even tried seafoam in the carb. Any ideas???

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
Did you fog the engine when you stored it?  Is the engine frozen or does it cycle at least?

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Try the easy stuff first. 

Is the kill switch in the run position, key on, side stand up, petcock open, in neutral?
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
what do you mean, you can't get it to turn over? You can't kick it through? It just won't fire? Please clarify.
Bare

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

randombikerdude

• USA Rider
  • Scooter
I've tried the ES and KS, sounds like it wants to get going just doesn't turn over. The engine is not stuck, I can hear it. I didn't fog it, what does that mean?

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Bet my peanut butter and jelly sandwich it's the spark plug.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

randombikerdude

• USA Rider
  • Scooter
Spark Plug, that is what I was thinking.. since I've tried everything else..

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
I've tried the ES and KS, sounds like it wants to get going just doesn't turn over. The engine is not stuck, I can hear it. I didn't fog it, what does that mean?

A lot of people don't do this, it's more popular with boat motors.  You can save yourself some potential frustration if you do do it though.

Fogging oil comes in a spray.  You just spray it in the intake while opening the throttle a bit.  Keep spraying till it kills the engine.  That prevents internal corrosion and rust (such as, on the spark plug).

Personally, I think this is more important to do now than ever.  E10 is more corrosive than pure gas, and it collects water which will speed up rusting drastically.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:03:57 am by LarsBloodbeard »