Author Topic: New member, new bike, happened by chance!  (Read 5576 times)

Bite the bullet

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 11:04:34 pm
Did it have a "for sale" sign on it, or did you just talk him out of his ride?

The bike did not have a f/s sign on it. After some talking he mentioned he was looking to get a new Thruxton and we went from there...I did a once over on every nut and bolt. When I first got the bike the rear fender was chattering so loud it it sounded like a tommy gun....Samgar I will let you know. Thanks.
2010 G5 deluxe

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 02:37:32 am
NYC ....  maybe your purchase was a happy accident.  I certain I wouldn't want anything larger than a bullet in your town !

Inquiring minds want to know - do you need a special city permit to own a car in the city ?  ( proof of parking, that sort of thing ?)
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 12:14:23 pm

Inquiring minds want to know - do you need a special city permit to own a car in the city ?  ( proof of parking, that sort of thing ?)

No, for some parking lots you need a pass but for street parking you do not.  Good luck finding street parking. 
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

Rich Mintz

• Grand Gearhead
  • Daily rider in the city
Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 12:50:11 am
I think it's hilarious that you bought your bike while grocery-shopping :-)

To be honest, I fell in love with mine as soon as I sat on one. Right after I got licensed I rented a Buddy scooter while I was in Los Angeles, to experiment with two-wheeled riding. The store happened to have a Bullet (military) for rent too. I sat on it and I was hooked! At the time I wasn't sure I could control it, so I took the scooter (and did 200 miles on the scooter that weekend, and demonstrated to myself that I had the skills I needed) -- but as soon as I got back to New York I started looking for Enfields. I bought the first one I found, the very day after I found it.
Rich Mintz - New York City
richmintz@richmintz.com
2010 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 • 2015 SYM Symba
[/URL]