Author Topic: Can't wait!  (Read 2013 times)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 30, 2012, 05:22:09 pm
I think my package from Nfield gear should be in tomorrow's delivery!  High-output alternator and Bosch coil...hoping to make things work better at low RPMs and with the lights on.  Disc brake goodies for my coming front-end conversion:  steel braided line and performance pads.

Got a lot of wrenching to do but things are shaping up!  Gonna be annoying waiting for the end of the work day to tear into it all, and I hate working at night after I've put my daughter to sleep...too many mosquitos outside and lighting sucks.  But I may have to brave it.

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:41:32 pm
 I hear ya ! It feels like a kid at Christmas and the UPS guy is Santa Claus !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:54:03 pm
The UPS Santa visited me twice last week, new tires on two different days. Now I gotta wear the old ones out!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:01:28 pm
The UPS Santa visited me twice last week, new tires on two different days. Now I gotta wear the old ones out!
Bare
   Lets do it !

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:42 pm
Grrr.  Shouldn'ta said a thing.  Now, of course, I'm ticked off.

NFieldgear never sent a shipping notification, and failed to respond to my first inquiry on it.  By the time I sent a repeat inquiry and got a response, turns out it was shipped and signed for.  (Needs a few days to get forwarded to me in India after it's received by my employer.)

What NField never told me, even when responding to my inquiry, was that following its confirmation of my order, it found the alternator I ordered was out of stock and discontinued.  Learned this on the invoice in the strangely-empty box.  Thanks for the info...jeez.  Most of the stuff I didn't even need.  The alternator was the thing I really wanted.

Looks like communication has not been their strong suit, reading the forum.

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 04:32:05 pm
Agent X , sorry to hear about your dilemma with Nfield Gear. Welcome to the club. They are pathetic.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:52:53 pm
Agent X , sorry to hear about your dilemma with Nfield Gear. Welcome to the club. They are pathetic.

Well, worse things have happened to people... at the end of the day I'm still alive and no one's sticking slivers of bamboo under my fingernails so I think it'll all work out.

That said, as days get a bit shorter, it's obvious my charging system isn't up to snuff.  I can't say whether it's the 3d-grader who wound my stator or the wobble in my rotor (may be the crank, may be the rotor...money's on the crank but hope's on the rotor) but this thing just isn't putting out a ton of juice.

Thankfully I just installed a Boyer Powerbox, which got me home albeit on a minimum/total lack of lights.  Coulda really used a new, quality alternator to install tomorrow.

Edit:  Got some good advice from Tim at Nfield gear and may seek out an electric-start alternator locally, since it has a higher output than the standard KS-only model.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:11:12 pm by AgentX »

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 08:37:44 pm
Agent can't you get this stuff in India?  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 02:01:14 am
Agent can't you get this stuff in India?  ERC

You can get Indian-made stuff.  Horrible quality control and completely caveat emptor, although cheap. RE genuine stuff is far better than aftermarket, though.  Not saying much there. 

That's why I wanted the European-made alternator NField selling.

Now I'll look into a local replacement, using the ES alternator on my KS as Tim suggested.  Much cheaper here, I'm sure.