Author Topic: Another 200 miles  (Read 1911 times)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
on: March 14, 2013, 12:12:57 am
 Left San Bernardino about 10 am for another trek up in the mountains.It was a beautiful morning, clear as a bell and about 68 degrees when I left. Headed up to Highway 138 and decided to take my favorite loop. Angeles National Forest here I come. The ride was spectacular all the way up to Angeles Crest where I stopped at Newcomb's Ranch for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat. No retired canyon riders on this day, the only guys hanging out were all riding Harley's. God I despise those things. Left Newcomb's to head home, thankful the bikers weren't in front of me riding back to Wrightwood. It was a great ride back, Stopped in Wrightwood to have a smoke and just enjoyed the blue sky and sunshine. Next stop SanBerdoo. I was just about out of the pines coming down the mountain when I ran into a suicidal bird. The sucker flew right into my windshield ! I'm glad it didn't go through it ! It must of been just tired of living. Now I have a few feathers and dried bird blood to clean off my bike. I got closer to home and it got hotter and hotter. Came home and it was 90 degrees in the shade. Crazy California weather for you. Tune in next time folks , next ride, Borrego Springs !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:15:14 am by Jack Leis »
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:46:07 pm
Motorcycling, briefly birdwatching, AND hunting ALL at the same time?  Now THAT is multitasking. 
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 05:57:57 pm
gawd, I miss that!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 09:12:30 pm
gawd, I miss that!
Bare
I miss riding with you Bare ! Just got back from a ride up to Silverwood and on to the Rim of the World to Running Springs. It was gorgeous up there ! Rode down the 330 then went to the shop. The place was really busy ! There selling and fixing bikes again. Spring has sprung. They have no word on your new bike just yet, yes, this time I remembered to ask ! You've got to trade the soap opera's your now watching for something to ride ! Life is passing you bye !

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 12:54:50 am
Well, if someone we know is getting healed, I don't know what's keeping his lazy butt from getting up off the couch and fixing that GB500.  Aren't those things supposed to be pretty good bikes (when they are running)?
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:02:12 am
+1 Jim !