Author Topic: Luggage rack for C5  (Read 20395 times)

MegaMoo

• Scooter
  • Thumping in Paradise
Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 06:31:19 pm
Here's my C5 with the US factory pillion seat removed. Not the most visually stunning option but I'm the less-is-more type when it comes to washing and polishing anyway so it fits in fine with the working-bike look I think.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 06:38:55 pm
Good idea BUT if you do that, fit it up first to make sure it mounts alright THEN chrome it.  You don't want to be drilling fresh chrome and cursing ;)

Scott

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 06:58:37 am
Good idea BUT if you do that, fit it up first to make sure it mounts alright THEN chrome it.

That goes without saying.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 11:40:47 pm
Here's my C5 with the US factory pillion seat removed. Not the most visually stunning option but I'm the less-is-more type when it comes to washing and polishing anyway so it fits in fine with the working-bike look I think.

looks good,  where did you get the bike cover from and do you like it?
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

MegaMoo

• Scooter
  • Thumping in Paradise
Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 01:11:17 am
looks good,  where did you get the bike cover from and do you like it?
It's a Bilt cover, I think I got it from Cycle Gear when I was in the States last year. It's lasted about a year so far but is starting to show its age. Quite faded and coming apart at the bottom a bit. It's also not 100% waterproof. It will probably last another 6 months or so and then I'll have to chuck it. On the plus side it was pretty cheap, about $30-40 as far as I remember.

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 11:53:02 pm
It's a Bilt cover, I think I got it from Cycle Gear when I was in the States last year. It's lasted about a year so far but is starting to show its age. Quite faded and coming apart at the bottom a bit. It's also not 100% waterproof. It will probably last another 6 months or so and then I'll have to chuck it. On the plus side it was pretty cheap, about $30-40 as far as I remember.
Thanks, I found it, it's on sale too.
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011