Author Topic: Luggage photos  (Read 3928 times)

Fido

• Scooter
on: September 15, 2012, 09:16:48 pm
Many motorcycle photos show no luggage and no racks. No doubt many use detachable luggage or rucksacks. I put a top box on my Classic EFI - not exactly a retro piece but practical. I'd be really interested to see pics of luggage on bikes. I might fancy a change if I see something I prefer to my present top box.

Here's mine:

New Forest, England.

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:24:24 pm
Here is what I did so I could have some Luggage capabilities, and Yet keep the bike looking really retro.  8)
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 09:29:01 pm
Here is a side view, I used Musettes which were 12" x 12" x 6 Inches. then made a square box out of Styrene to fit the inside of the bags and viola. I love the bags and the way they look on the bike :)
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:31:51 pm
Many motorcycle photos show no luggage and no racks. No doubt many use detachable luggage or rucksacks. I put a top box on my Classic EFI - not exactly a retro piece but practical. I'd be really interested to see pics of luggage on bikes. I might fancy a change if I see something I prefer to my present top box.

Here's mine:

Take a look at the link posted below, that should be of some help
Cheers
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,15054.0.html
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

palace15

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 11:49:41 pm
A few of my C5
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

Royal Enfield, making mechanics out of owners since 1893.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 04:43:02 am
I'm sure you aren't going to want to copy my  luggage but this is what can be done for el-cheap'o.

The chrome carrier is sold by Nfieldgear.  When I got it the price was around $50.

Nosing around a Yamaha dealership I found a new set of fake leather luggage that was marked down to $49 so I bought it.

My only complaint with the luggage was the draw string that tied the two saddle bags together would loosen up so I replaced it with some brass riveted eyelets that normally are used to make eyes for ropes on tarps.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Fido

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 05:21:08 am
Thanks for posting these - keep 'em coming!
New Forest, England.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 08:24:54 am
I had the chrome rack with side frames for a while - it's poorly made and a bugger to fit - with leather saddle bags (generic, from Ebay). I liked the look of it at first, and the bags were useful of course, but I now prefer the look of the bike without all that crap on the back so I use Kriega luggage, which is brilliant. Well made, tough, quick to get on & off, secure fixing and waterproof. I've got the US20 size, but it comes larger & smaller, and is modular so can be added to. Shown on my W650 but can be used on the Enfield, although a bit fiddly to get the straps under the seat. Easier with a rack.
Kriega pics are a bit small, couldn't find the originals.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:37:29 am by WillW »
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)