Author Topic: carb hose mystery  (Read 1389 times)

wolf

• Scooter
on: October 11, 2012, 02:20:45 pm
hi guys, 08 electra x 500cc. been having various carb related problems and have just discovered that the hose coming from the carb manifold (rubber manifold between carb and engine block) is severed just below the fuel tank. can anyone tell me what the hose is for and where its running too please. many thanks. ..carb is the standard mikuni cv. pss when i block the end of the hose my bike runs faster and smoother.

tanker

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:53:08 pm
Assuming the '08 is the same as my '06, that would be the vacuum line that runs to the PAV (Pulse Air Valve, if believe).  The PAV is mounted on the frame at the front and just below the fuel tank (also just above the horn).  The vacuum hose is supposed to run to the bottom of the PAV.  If you search this board for PAV you should see some discussion on this topic.  Some have disconnected the whole assembly by plugging the vacuum line, removing the PAV and plugging the port in the head where the secondary air is injected.  I would first reconnect the vacuum line to see if it resolves some of your carb problems and then go from there.  Good Luck!
Brian
2006 Electra-X
1994 Goldwing

wolf

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 04:08:55 pm
thanks tanker, will do as you you say.   

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:29:57 pm
I had the same problem with air leakage and what not! So I decided to remove PAV, Cat Con and changed the carb. That carb is just too small for Electra X.