Author Topic: Oregon Vintage Motorcycle SHow  (Read 6117 times)

Blowout

• Scooter
on: May 19, 2008, 06:08:31 am
Who went down to the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle show in Corvallis today (May 18th)?  I started in McMinnville and had a wonderful drive down through Dallas and  King's Valley as  HWY99 is waaay too straight and boring.

I had my red sixty5 (but parked in the shade away from everyone else).  At the show I saw two other bullets there, both black 4 speeds.  Do those belong to anybody here?

Some very nice bikes there, BSA was the featured marque and there were several beautiful Goldstars.  I was hoping to see more pre-war bikes, but it was a pretty good group of European, Asian, and British bikes of the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

So how many Oregon Bullet riders are out there?

abe

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:56:50 pm
Blowout, I am not sure who the 2 black 4 speeds were at the show, but I know of at least 2 bullet owners in Portland myself and my buddy who just bought a black classic.  We are both in break in mode.

It seems most of the bullets are south in the Valley away from the city, wonder why......

abe out...

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:23:42 am
One of these days sooner than later, I hope to come down to Oregon with my Bullet and take a run with you guys. My mother owns property just outside Wilamina and that area is covered with probably hundreds, if not thousands, of "Bulletable" roads. Really just the old wagon roads connecting one town to another town. They often spiderweb out from each town so you can go more or less directly from one place to another. Or, if you are new but curious like me, you can get mildly lost. If you just keep pointing in a easterly direction you will eventually meet up with I-5 and there is always a road of some sort running alongside, seems. Or you could head west to the coast. What am i talking about? You already know all of this.   

frankdog

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:11:35 pm
Hi. I'm a very proud owner of a black 4 speed, however since I'm just picking up the bike today, I hvae to say what I always say:

IT WASN'T ME!

<chuckle>

I'd love to hook up with other Portland area RE owners!

/charlie

Blowout

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:11:20 pm
Frankdog-
Did you just pick it up off of craigslist?  I noticed one for sale in Corvallis the other day.
I am in McMinnville and am up for some bullet cruising here in the valley.  Plenty of nice windy, lightly traveled roads here.

frankdog

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 02:57:19 am
Yes, I found it on craigslist. But this one was in Portland, and now it's in my backyard garage! Just got it home today, actually. Love it! Lots of modifications and the guy threw in just about every specialized tool that Enfield supplies for building the engine, as well as a full set of Imperial spanners and all the stock items that he replaced, AND all the receipts of the work done, his frighteningly meticulous handwritten notes about all the procedures...paul snidel's book, and all the factory shop manuals, a hitchock's catalog...I got an amazing deal.

And, we sat in his garage for probably three hours just talking motorcycles. We both cancelled appointments and hung out like a couple of gearheads. It was a great transaction.

Now, to tinker! As soon as I get her tuned correctly, let's go for a ride!

RugbyRambo

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 07:34:17 am
Ha, I found mine on craigslist, a 2002 4-speed deluxe. I'm hoping to go down to the show next year. Hope to see you guys there.