Author Topic: Identify this Royal Enfield  (Read 11251 times)

anadikaal

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 01:52:59 pm
that UCE is horrible is just my opinion.  the feeling of driving it gives cannot in anyway be compared to the std bullet or even AVL.  I got one and sold it immediately.  it is probably good for those who do not wish to maintain or modify in anyway their bike.  If that AVL is 2009 it definitely came with front disk break.

the 350 AVL made at the beg is no different than the one made in the end.  there was an inferior 4 speed gearbox and CDI ignition (one could start without battery).  the power was similar to 350 std bullet.  there was no change in the engine later on.  the smaller crank does not give more power in anyway.  I prefer the heavy crank (i use one even in std bullet 350).  lighter crank is better only for acceleration and racing.  all the other elements of the 500 and 350 AVL cranks are the same.  I personally converted my 350 AVL thunderbird to 500 with great increase of power.

anadi

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 06:00:17 pm
Hi,

This is Not the Electra.  It is AVL with std bullet frame.  Electra was exported with different tool boxes and definitely with disk break.  So this bike was modified.  In India there was similar bike, same classic tool boxes but with disk break, AVL 500 called Machismo.  It was made from 2007 to 2010 when the horrible UCE was introduced.

anadi

The vast majority of AVL's imported here were indeed ElectraX models but there were some AVL classic, also called AVL Bullet, models imported. I have a few here and an AVL Bullet Military.
 In my estimation these along with the Bullet Sixty-5 were export only models aimed at the U.K. and U.S. markets. If I were a betting man I would heavily wager it unlikely they would seen in any other market.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:48 pm
The vast majority of AVL's imported here were indeed ElectraX models but there were some AVL classic, also called AVL Bullet, models imported. I have a few here and an AVL Bullet Military.
 In my estimation these along with the Bullet Sixty-5 were export only models aimed at the U.K. and U.S. markets. If I were a betting man I would heavily wager it unlikely they would seen in any other market.

I want to make a statement here & I want somebody to tell me if it's right or not. This just seems to be what I've figured out over the years from reading here & other places & looking at manuals, etc..

Here it is: The 2008 & 2009 AVL Classic & Electra X are the same bike except for the front brakes; the Classic has a drum brake, the Electra X has a hydraulic disc brake. Otherwise the engines & just about everything else are exactly the same.

The sticker on the front tube states that it covers all 3 models: Electra X/Electra/Classic. There is a green factory Electra-X sticker on my '08 engine, but the bike is a front drum brake Classic.

Please don't confuse this by lumping in stuff about the 350s. We didn't get those here (did we?) & they're not what I'm talking about.

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

anadikaal

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 10:40:24 am
the bike has been most likely modified, so it is a hybrid of sorts.  it is what it is.  we have referred to 350 not due to confusion, but the topic drifted a bit from the main theme.  it often happens in forums; after all it is all for fun.

Michael Marsceill

• Scooter
  • 2009 AVL Deluxe
Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 03:59:59 pm
I don't think the bike has been modified. I have a 2009 AVL deluxe. It has the "classic" frame, AVL engine and drum brakes. Except for the extra Chrome, it looks like the photo. A side by side comparison with an Electra of the same year shoes the following differences. Drum brake in front, fat triangular shapes tool boxes on both sides, no hot dog tool box, and the rear fender hanger on the frame supports the fender form both sides instead of the top. I think the 2009 AVL classic and deluxe models were US and Europe only. To add to the confusion, there were also 2009 unit engine models as well.