Author Topic: Oil Temp Sensor  (Read 947 times)

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
on: August 25, 2012, 12:58:07 am
So, after three failed attempts at making a silicone gasket I made on from rubberizes gasket material and it works wonderfully.  The last failed attempt at silicone was failed because my MIL came on and gave me the code for oil temp sensor circuit.  I assumed that I gooped up the passage in the right side case that I had off and made gaskets for. 

I have re-seated the cable on the sensor to see if that was it, I have removed the sensor to see if it was cooked, I have made a new gasket and ensured that there is a clear passage for that oil to flow. 

The light is off when I start the the bike and stays off until the engine is well warmed up at which point it interrupts my ride and pisses me off to no end.

What else could it be?  Could some silicone have lodged itself up the tube in the cylinder?  I checked the passage in the side case and it is clear, I also checked the passage in the engine, but alas my wire that was checking passages cannot turn corners therefore I could not check up the pipe so to speak.

Samgar
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY