Author Topic: How to scratch your head.  (Read 18447 times)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
on: May 18, 2008, 02:55:13 pm
Sometimes it so hot I get a sweaty head and then an itch. I cant have a good scratch because I have to have a helmet on. Usually I have to stop the bike get the helmet off and have a good scratch. This is a problem at times , I was thinking of drilling some holes in the helmet so I could put a stick in and wriggle it about, or put some string in the top of the helmet and when I get an itch just pull the string out.

Has anybody fathomed out a better way.  Maybe some one should make a scratch device for helmets.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:17:17 pm
Maybe the "someone" is you.  You already have some ideas, test them out, let us know what you find. 

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:59:57 am
 I had another idea last night about 4 in the morning and that was drilling a large hole at the back of the helmet. Then get a hamster with sharp toe nails, tie a peice of string to one of his back legs then put it into the hole at the back of the helmet and let it go up inside to scurry about. If you put some small peices of sardine on your head first the hamster would scurry about scrtaching your head.

The peice of string would be to pull him out after.  This method would be repeatable untl the sardines ran out.   Then you would simply stop somewhere and buy a new tin of sardines, preferably with a ring pull can so you dont need to have a tin opener. That would'nt bother me though because I have a Swiss army knife.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 02:43:45 am
get yourself a helmet liner, http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/helmet-liner/

Sometimes it so hot I get a sweaty head and then an itch. I cant have a good scratch because I have to have a helmet on. Usually I have to stop the bike get the helmet off and have a good scratch. This is a problem at times , I was thinking of drilling some holes in the helmet so I could put a stick in and wriggle it about, or put some string in the top of the helmet and when I get an itch just pull the string out.

Has anybody fathomed out a better way.  Maybe some one should make a scratch device for helmets.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 04:35:20 am
i ,like clamps idea  nuthin like good ole fish oil to slick yer hair too.  but if you go with the origional drilling idea  remember to take the helmet off first.j
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 08:54:44 am
Im not sure that Hamsters like sardines so it might not work, and I forgot that it might urinate or worse, mind you it might help to take away the smell of sardines.

Im working on a more simple fishing net with big knots in it. This would be put on the head before the helmet, it would have two strings hanging by the ears, pulling on one and then the other should do a good scratch.

This is all I have so far apart from those chinese fire crackers that again should be worn under the helmet and  could  have a long fuse. This could be lit and the series of explosions should get the itch.  Im just concerned that it might do slightly more than cure the itch and it might make a lot of smoke.

deejay

Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 03:04:41 pm
Lice shampoo.  ;D

Seriously though, I just grab my helmet with one hand an move it around a bit, does the trick.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:10 am
Im sure that I have slightly more problems with this because I cant buy a proper helmet. I searched everyshop in Inda for a helmet in an area  of Madras that sold helmets.   I have a big head and my scalp doesnt sit in the top of the helmet, so wobbling the helmet doest touch the scalp.
   Same here in Malaysia ,--there is not one helmet made to fit my bonce, as I tried to explain to a traffic cop and he wouldnt believe me. He dragged me off to his white Honda 750 and made me put on his helmet muttering about he too had a bid head.

His helmet just sat on my head, like trying to get my head in a tea cup.   He let me go!

AND before some one says it,---- I aint spending 600 dollars on a helmet,---even then would it fit?.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 02:21:20 am
er I don't wear a helmet..  I wear this

and in cold weather  I stick this on top of it
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:29:43 am by scotty »

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 03:03:14 am
You need to get one of those leather hats like Scotty has.
Check out the little zipper on the side to let the Hamsters out!!
                            - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 03:16:18 am
Zipper to let the hamsters out!!!     damn you got there before me.

It looks very comfortable along with the leather jacket.  But I only have a Royal enfield motorbike !! Im not a second world war bomber pilot.

Which brings me to a thought !
    Why do Japanese kamikazi pilots wear a crash helmet?

What is that zipper for???  dont tell me its to let your ears out!!!

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 03:36:45 am
er I think the zipper is for ventilation or for hearing..  got me ..,, i wear it to keep my hair from tying into a thousand knots :D  and it weirds the populace at large out.. :P

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 03:38:58 am
er I think the zipper is for ventilation or for hearing..  got me ..,, i wear it to keep my hair from tying into a thousand knots :D  and it weirds the populace at large out.. :P
  specially with the little eye goggles I wear with it..  I've the only Enfield in town..  people ask who makes this..  I say Royal Enfield.. they are still confused ;D

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 03:44:39 am
So the man wearing the helmet is not you, but the avatar is?

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 03:49:46 am
the avatar is me