Author Topic: Disc Front Wheel Assembly  (Read 1689 times)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 04, 2012, 07:59:18 am
Doing a front-end swap for a disc brake fork.  (Didn't need a disc up front per se, but my old fork sliders are shot and this was the only solution that didn't involve terribly suspect New Delhi made parts...)

Have to assemble the wheel.  Hitchcock's has the parts diagram but I could use a little clarification.

Interior of the hub should be, from one side to the other:  rubber seal, pressed-in bearing, inner spacer, pressed-in-bearing, rubber seal, correct? 

Then the bushings go outside of these seals?  (one cylindrical under the speedo drive, one stepped on the disc side)

How does the speedo drive mount up?  Is it a friction-fit over the non-disc side bushing?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:10:04 pm
Aren't there a couple of notches the drive fits into or is the disc set up different?    ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 01:04:01 pm
Aren't there a couple of notches the drive fits into or is the disc set up different?    ERC

No idea...my drum brake speedo drive just stays attached to the wheel and axle and I don't know what's holding it there.

I had a disc brake machine originally, but I seem to remember the speedo being readily (and inconveniently) separable from the wheel when you removed the axle.  But I really don't remember, thus the silly questions.

Might be easy to tell once it's assembled but that speedo-drive-side bushing is apparently the rarest motorcycle part in Hyderabad.  Once I find one I assume it'd be easy to figure out, but since I was asking about the wheel already, figured why not toss another question out there.  :)