Author Topic: Fuel/engine gauge  (Read 1734 times)

squire

• Bulleteer
on: August 22, 2012, 01:24:48 am
The fuel/engine gauge on my bike is on a horrific angle, not parallel with the bike, I'd say off by 30 degrees. I've tried everything trying to rotate it but always stop short for fear of breaking something. Being anal/ocd with things like that it's caused be sleepless nights. Has anyone had the gauge out and can tell me what I need to do to straighten it? TIA.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 03:44:19 am
You mean the little indicator light cluster on the right?  Take your headlight out, the whole chrome assembly so you can get access.  From inside the nacelle you'll be able to loosen the clamp on the light from underneath and rotate it to where you want it.  Then just tighten it back up.

Mine is off about 5 degrees.  It bugs me but not enough that I've done anything about it.  My laziness knows no bounds.

Scott

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:28 am
You mean the little indicator light cluster on the right?  Take your headlight out, the whole chrome assembly so you can get access.  From inside the nacelle you'll be able to loosen the clamp on the light from underneath and rotate it to where you want it.  Then just tighten it back up.

Mine is off about 5 degrees.  It bugs me but not enough that I've done anything about it.  My laziness knows no bounds.

Scott

Thanks Scott. My analness exceeds my laziness.

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
  • Your only as old as you feel
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:59 am
My fuel/engine gauge is simply held in by a rubber cup. If you turn the bars all the way to the left you can push it out with your finger from underneath, without getting into the nacelle. Once you have it out simply lube up the rubber cup with your average everyday windex. It's slippery as snot when its wet, but dries up tight. You have plenty of time to get the gauge exactly the way you want it.
'11 C5 Military

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:35:00 am
Laziness and a straight gauge!  Perfect!

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
  • Your only as old as you feel
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 09:44:37 am
I had everything out when I switched over to LED's. When I reassembled it all my gauges had to be perfect too, lol. I figured an easy way to move it around until it was just right. As to the windex, it works wonders on things like this, next time you have to install a new set of grips try it out. It takes a bit to dry but when it does it's good as glued. It also works to uninstall them, just pinch up the end of the grip and squirt a bit in. With a little work it will make its way up the grip and the grip will slip right off.
'11 C5 Military

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 08:46:37 pm
where did you get your led's from.
that is on my list of things to do.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer