Author Topic: D+D Exhaust for EFI Enfields  (Read 23043 times)

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 09:58:56 pm
Is the sound more like a thump thump thump or putt putt putt???

I had changed the stock silencer to silman short bottle silencer; sounded more like thump but after around 5000 miles it is more like putt putt putt...especially when opening the throttle.
2011 RE C5 (@25K + miles)
2012 Honda NC700X 6-speed (sold @26K miles)
2013 BMW R1200RT (@43K + miles)

raderj

• Bulleteer
  • Sgt Johnson USMC
Reply #61 on: October 20, 2012, 09:13:25 am
I know its fairly new, but has anyone put the full black system on a black Enfield? I am wondering if that matte finish would look goofy on a (somewhat) shiny G5.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: October 20, 2012, 05:36:33 pm
Look through the gallery. I think there are some black ones in there.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #63 on: October 21, 2012, 08:00:49 pm
do you have pics of the airfliter installed.
the instructions say to remove the airbox completely.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

ADB

• Scooter
Reply #64 on: October 22, 2012, 03:55:45 pm
motorat, I dont have any pics of the airfilter installed...it's still sitting in the box in my garage. I'm assuming I'll get around to putting it on at some point, but haven't found the time in the last month.  When i do get it installed, I'll post some pictures, (i think the note in the instructions having you remove the airbox was just for ease of installation and access to the throttle body).

ADB

• Scooter
Reply #65 on: October 22, 2012, 05:03:19 pm
Motorat, i just saw the video on the other thread of your new exhaust...looks good, and has me second guessing not getting the black. Have you installed the new airfilter?

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #66 on: October 22, 2012, 05:45:16 pm
not yet...
i was a little confused o the instructions.
i was not sure if the air box was removed and left off or as ADB said it was removed to get access and then put back on.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #67 on: October 22, 2012, 07:51:19 pm
Anyone with a D&D want to really give it some gas and post a video?  I do a lot of freeway riding, wondering how loud it is at cruising speeds.  I know the EFI is loud as hell on the freeway.  Manufacturers should be required to take a recording while the bike is on the dyno, just so we can all drool :)

Thanks in advance,
Scott
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:55:22 pm by Ducati Scotty »

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: October 22, 2012, 09:45:40 pm
EOM Manufacturers do have to run on the dynos. That's why the new bikes sound so bad. If you get right down to it, all aftermarket mufflers are illegal, at least in Cantafordia. So, it really doesn't matter whether they are quiet or not. My EFI doesn't make that much noise on the freeway, but it is louder than the bazooka. But the Hardley's still get away with ridiculous noise levels, probably 30 decibels louder than my Bullet, so I'm not going to worry about it. Cops don't usually give me a second look.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 08:55:14 pm
I'm not sure if all the EFI silencers are the same!! I find loud pipes on any bike obnoxious but find my EFI perfect to my ear on the freeway or off while others find them very loud. I find the EFI right on sound and appearance wise.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 09:17:31 pm
To be fair, I think the one I heard had blown out most of its packing by the time I was there.  I heard a new one start up and it was nice.  Loud but not ridiculous.

Scott

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 10:16:32 pm
Mine is fairly quiet. At speed, I can barely hear it over the wind noise. It's a lot quieter than the stuff Jack has been running, Goldies, Dunstalls, etc.
Mine is an Indain one. he English ones I think are a bit louder. They also have removable baffles in them that mine doesn't have. The upswept mufflers are also louder than my EFI. I like the level of noise mine puts out very well, a log way from obnoxious, but loud enough to be heard a block away at a nice low thump. It doesn't seem to disturb anybody, except maybe when I spit traffic up to a stoplight and nail it to get away when the light turns green. It's maybe a bit loud in that canyon! But still a LONG way from any Hardley. For me, it's perfect. And is a reasonably good performer compared the other pipes I've ridden against. There isn't much difference between any of them, but  this one is middle of the pack or better.  Works for me, nice thump that performs well. the best performing one I've seen is the Dunstall, but unpacked it's pretty loud. Put packing in it and it's about the same as mine.
But there isn't enough difference between them to get in a big battle over. they all do outperform the stock bazooka, though.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer