Author Topic: New to the boards, new to my C5!  (Read 5233 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 06:23:26 am
Welcome aboard Markasaur and congrats on your Bullet.

Brother mja is spot on here.
Ride the crap out of it, keep the bolts tight, and love every second of it!!   
and I agree.

Mine needs little to no fussing with when ridden regularly. Let it sit for long and it lets me know that was unwise on my part.

Blue Loctite is your new best friend.  ;)

Many happy miles and many smiles per gallon to you.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 07:49:04 am
Congrats on your new RE and welcome to the fam. Very helpful and great people here on the forum. Enjoy and ride safe.  :D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

whoguy

• Scooter
  • Hi... I love all things Beautiful...
Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 09:41:02 am
[quote  Enjoy and ride safe.  :D
[/quote]

+10

Congratz Markasaur!  Heaps of helpful/nice folks here... I started on an RE,
don't think I'll even trade her in... still makes me smile ;)
To ride or not to ride... That is the question!

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 04:23:36 pm
Welcome to the forum Markasur, Congrats on the New RE, it will prolong your life,  by giving you many awesome and thrilling rides and leaving you a happier person.
Cheers
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 11:48:16 pm
Welcome, Markasaur!  Stick around; if you're like me, you'll learn heaps here!

I'm pleased and amused by the reactions to, of all things, your mustache!  Nobody has ever told me that my facial hair accessorizes well with the vehicle I drive.  I see now that I'm clearly going about things all wrong...

Mine needs little to no fussing with when ridden regularly. Let it sit for long and it lets me know that was unwise on my part.

Not to hijack, but Ice - ummm...  would you mind elaborating on that second sentence?  Being in Maine and getting ready to let mine sit for a few months at least, you've caught my attention!

SimonT

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 02:45:31 am
i have facial hair envy!!!!

Im going for a beard at the moment..... itchy!!!!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 04:17:01 am
Welcome, Markasaur!  Stick around; if you're like me, you'll learn heaps here!

I'm pleased and amused by the reactions to, of all things, your mustache!  Nobody has ever told me that my facial hair accessorizes well with the vehicle I drive.  I see now that I'm clearly going about things all wrong...

Not to hijack, but Ice - ummm...  would you mind elaborating on that second sentence?  Being in Maine and getting ready to let mine sit for a few months at least, you've caught my attention!

Nah,,,no hi jacking just some Bullet riders talking.

About the sitting for long thing. Mine is an Iron Barrel and more susceptible to the shenanigans.
 REgular riding keeps it limbered up and humming along but If it sits long little things happen like an almost invisible layer of rust will form on the brake drum friction surface making the breaks grabby for the first dozen uses, the turn signals get lazy, it balks at idle, shift stiffly, those sorts of things.  The normal vibrations from running keep my Bullets electrickle  ;) connections polished ;)   You probably already know regular use keeps the seals conditioned and the moving parts from rusting.

Our forum brothers living in snow States have good tips on pickling your Bullet for winter storage if your interested.   

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Markasaur

• Scooter
  • '12 C5 Mil green
Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 08:02:05 pm
Yea, dont worry about any hijacking, good info is good info wherever its read from!  Thank you guys!  Been busy moving into the new place, just got internet back up. 

If it wasnt for the forums id be lost, last night on the way home from work, my bike just stopped in the middle of stretching 3rd gear, had to pull over in thick traffic, not fun..  damn vibrations hit the kickstand switch off.  So that is removed now! haha!  Checking into ordering some bags, visited a local surplus store, and their selection was pretty awfull, im going to try that link you sent me above!

Cheers!

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 08:27:32 pm
Nice!  Welcome aboard!