Author Topic: jettin bar end weights  (Read 9357 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 10:30:19 pm
Was wondering if these jettin bar end weights will affect the installation of Napolean bar end Mirrors?

Looking at the pics, you should be able to mount them just fine as with the stock bar ends.  That said, the Napoleons give the bike a big wingspan to start with and putting them on the outside of a longer bar end is only going to make that bigger.  I'd say take advantage of that notch in the Jettin bar end and get something that will mount around it.

Scott

ADB

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 07:39:44 pm
Old thread I know...I ordered these weights about 2 months ago, and after having to bore out the hole slightly, they work great.
However, for some reason I received another set of them in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I had not placed another order, so I called them up and left a message explaining that I'd received another set of the weights, and for them to call me back so I could arrange to send them back. 2 weeks have gone by, they have not charged me anything for the second set, and have not returned my call.
So, if anyone else is interested in a set, just PM me, and I'll send them to you. I think the shipping from Cali to Wisconsin was less than $10, so I'm not worried about getting any payment, but seems like someone should use these, otherwise they'll just end up in the junk.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:59 pm
I'll take them.

Scott

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 09:28:10 pm
The barends need to be countersunk at the ends to take the Napolean little end guide. It's probably 5/16" diameter and about 1/4" long. OR you could cut the little guide off the Napoleans. Personally I'd go for the countersink, it makes the mirror a bit more stable.
The longer bolts should be available at any Hardware store, if there not over 6". Over 6" and the suppliers are rare.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 01:57:09 am
In what hardware store fantasy land do you guys live?!?  My Napoleons came with M8-1.25 x 60mm socket head screws - I visited all five hardware stores near me, including big-box Lowes and Home Depot, before I found 70 mm screws, and that was the longest one they had.  Not even close to 6 inches...

ADB

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 03:54:50 am
Mattsz, I also had my doubts about finding the bolt i needed to mount these at a local hardware store, so I went right to a place called Fastenal...they will have any bolt you could want..and if they don't have it in stock, they'll order it for you fast, (they did have the exact bolt i needed in stock to make the Jettin barend work after i bored out the end so the bolt could be countersunk, which was pretty simple if you have access to a drill press). Not sure where you're located, but it looks like they're nationwide: http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 04:46:16 am
My local Lowes is pretty good, HD not so much.  Look around for your local Ace Hardware store.  Many of them still have the old time drawers and bins loaded with goodies. 

Also got my son's old school Radio Flyer tricycle there.

Scott

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 08:17:09 pm
my local ace has that stuff also we have a local chain called friedmans hardware that has just about everything...it's where i found the plastic spacers i used on my rack.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:28 pm
In what hardware store fantasy land do you guys live?!?  My Napoleons came with M8-1.25 x 60mm socket head screws - I visited all five hardware stores near me, including big-box Lowes and Home Depot, before I found 70 mm screws, and that was the longest one they had.  Not even close to 6 inches...
MATTSZ, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM HERE IN northern CA. All I did was use the same bolts that came with my Napoleans, I just used Blue loctite and now they will not budge, solved my problem. My local Fastenal store said they would need to order it, and would take about a week. Needless to say the Loctite did the job for me.
Cheers
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 11:50:06 pm
ADB, I got the weight, thanks very much :)  Please check your messages so I can re-imburse you for the shipping charges.

Thanks,
Scott