Author Topic: windshield  (Read 3116 times)

puchrider

• Scooter
on: May 21, 2008, 03:02:50 am
I am 6'3'' , 80 years old, riding since 1947. I have an R50/5 BMW,  a Ural Tourist and a 1967 Puch SGS250 as well as an Enfield Electra. I need a tall windshield for my Enfield, HELP!

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:25:49 am
no help on the tall windshield.. good to see you are still riding.. got an 80 year old friend that bought a HD sportster a few years back  and got thrown for a loop with health problems.. he's fine now.. and enjoying every minute of his riding..  he Had an Indian Back in the 50's.. american Indian...  more miles for you too ..Man :)

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:18:30 pm
Here is a very old link from EP&F Moto Guzzi who also sells RE. Looks like a very tall windshield, (top of page). Question is, is it still available. If you like what you see, give em a call.

http://www.epfguzzi.com/4bullets/accessories/windshield.html

puchrider

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:21:53 pm
Thanks PaulF that looks like the one I have on the boke now and it is about 5 inches too short. There is a place in Tulsa that has made a replacement shield for my BMW that has a POP DREYER FAIRING, expensive but it can be done. They made it from a cardboard pattern that I gave them and the fit was almost perfect.

Jerry

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 01:39:57 pm
I read about a windshield add-on called the "Laminar Lip" that is supposed to redirect the airflow around stock windshields.  I think they glue on.  It might be an option for you. 

I am going to pick up a windshield today.  I'm 5'8"  so hopefully it will be tall enough to keep me out of the wind blast.

Jerry.