Author Topic: Chuggy Performance  (Read 5385 times)

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 03:13:12 pm
I know the factory in India has changed the Indian version of the 500cc fuel injected UCE's computer programming and it seems I remember someone saying something about them changing the spark plug when they reprogrammed the bikes computer.

It's possible that the RE factory is shipping the new models without the old crummy Bosch twin electrode plugs.

I would be interested to know from any of you who have the new 2012 C5 with the 19" front wheel and no offset in the front axle, what spark plug did they install on your new motorcycle?
It would only take a minute with a screw driver to pry the metal spark plug cap up off of the plug to see what is written on the ceramic insulator.
Knowing this might help us in the future when we hear of a problem with new UCE's here in the US.

I have a 2012 C5 Chrome/Black Special, (19" front wheel, no offset).  Mine came with the Bosch installed.  I have since replaced it with the NGK BPR6ES.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 06:41:44 pm
So 1 more thing I noticed today, that I did wrong the other day when it was chuggy... when I first turn the key the red check engine light comes on for a few seconds and I hear what I imagine is the fuel injector being primed.  Once that goes out, it starts and runs fine.  I think the other day I was trying to start it during that "warm up" phase.

Yeah, you're not supposed to start it while the stuff is booting up. But I have started mine several times before it was ready and it still ran fine.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 06:57:15 pm
I used to start mine before the EFI prime was done all the time, never seemed to hurt anything but nowadays I wait just to be safe.

Scott