Author Topic: 120 kph oe 75 mph today  (Read 4138 times)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 09:22:50 am
I know! It is scary! But CI was fun riding at such high speeds. Tried it once.

Also, we are planning to buff up a C500 and see how much maxx power we can get off the bike. 36mm or 38mm carb (ofc carb conversion), high lift cams for C500 and few other things to get more horses. My friend who works for RE will try to source a head which will help more with these. His aim is to hit 160+ in a quarter mile, I feel it's not possible but we'll see :P

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 09:16:51 pm
I know! It is scary! But CI was fun riding at such high speeds. Tried it once.

Also, we are planning to buff up a C500 and see how much maxx power we can get off the bike. 36mm or 38mm carb (ofc carb conversion), high lift cams for C500 and few other things to get more horses. My friend who works for RE will try to source a head which will help more with these. His aim is to hit 160+ in a quarter mile, I feel it's not possible but we'll see :P

My estimation is that you´ll need ca. 45 HP to reach 100 miles/h after a quarter mile. Well, this will stress the bottom end a lot. I guess you could reach ca. 35 HP without much ado, especially when adding a big, bad carb. This would fire the Bullet up to 90 andafew, what would be absolutely great, by the way  ;)
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 04:24:37 am
Very true!

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 12:03:30 am
I thought that your only supposed to run these things at a max of 70mph according to the manual. Top speed is 82mph right? This being completely stock of course.
Signature

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 12:14:36 am
Holy crap!  All that just to change the C5's fork oil?!?  Makes me think I might not want a C5 after all...

Indeed :)  None of us can figure out exactly why the top caps are solid, and we've discussed that they could be drilled to be able to refill from the top as on the G5 and B5.  Additionally, you could put in a nice drain plug on the large boss on the back of the fork leg.  Then fork oil changes are  walk in the park.  Though no one has done it yet.

Scott