Author Topic: Royal Enfield Stories....  (Read 7275 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 10:42:59 pm
Wherewithal?

Therewithal  !!  Har-har-har, chuckle, chuckle.

Yah, I've had several people look at my RE and assume it's a rebuilt '50's machine that I added a disk brake to.  They really get a puzzled look when they notice the fuel injection though. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Lwt Big Cheese

• Grand Gearhead
  • Getting there, slowly...
Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 10:49:34 am
That would be a bit harder.

Well, impossible for me.
No warranty implied or given.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
May contain nuts.

hortoncode3

• Grease Monkey
Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 11:13:54 am
I took my "EFI" stickers off, they were crooked and kinda cheezy looking anyway. I replaced them with a couple of brass winged "500" badges...no drilling required either as I sawed off the threaded rods and used 2 sided emblem tape. Put a nice "Built like a gun" brass medallion on the top of the rear fender too..looks great and now that they've aged a bit..old too!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 06:52:15 pm
I took my "EFI" stickers off, they were crooked and kinda cheezy looking anyway. I replaced them with a couple of brass winged "500" badges...no drilling required either as I sawed off the threaded rods and used 2 sided emblem tape. Put a nice "Built like a gun" brass medallion on the top of the rear fender too..looks great and now that they've aged a bit..old too!

And where are the pictures?
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

ADB

• Scooter
Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 03:17:41 pm
This is a new one for me...someone left a note on my bike when I was at work, (I park it in the same place every day).
I'm not sure what to make of it.

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
  • Your only as old as you feel
Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 03:43:47 pm
Haha, it looks like it was written by a female, go for it :)

Having people constantly stop you for questions and pictures is one of the coolest parts of owning the Enfield. Everytime I ride it somewhere, it never fails. When I was at a small local show last night another Enfiled owner pulled in on his '47 Enfield, all he wanted to do was talk about my bike and snap pictures of it. I told him he was nuts and asked him about his while taking pictures myself, lol.
'11 C5 Military

hortoncode3

• Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 04:22:31 pm
Here's a side shot, I don't have one of the fender

BRADEY

• Grease Monkey
Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 06:36:34 pm
Here's a side shot, I don't have one of the fender

Awesome bike, very unique and full of character !

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19:19 pm
Very nice. What is that on top of the tank?
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 12:38:33 am
While I was filling up my tank at the local gas station I found that I was riding a, "Simply gorgeous motorcycle".
After filling her thank a woman had walked from with those comments also asking if she could take pictures of it to show to her husband.
She added, "It's just what my husband is wanting!  Is there a local dealer or did you have to send away for it?"
After telling her about it and the dealer in Chandler she walked back to her SUV saying over and over, "Thank you!  It's simply gorgeous!"

Later at a hardware store a man noticed I was carrying my helmet in the store so he walked over to ask if I owned "that old English motorcycle parked out front"....   Another 15 minutes added to a stop that should have taken 5. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

hortoncode3

• Grease Monkey
Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 02:37:39 am
It's a GPS/iPhone pouch, magnetized. Has a clear face. Picked it up at (gulp) Harley Davidson! However, it is Chinese made, so in my eyes, it's ok! I would love to mount my tank rack that I got with the butterfly bar and saddle bag racks, but it has no way to do so. I'm trying to figure out how to mount it on magnets.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 06:33:18 am
Sharp looking Bullet.

The sticker on the fork leg,,,,inspection decal ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 06:41:24 am
I would love to mount my tank rack that I got with the butterfly bar and saddle bag racks, but it has no way to do so. I'm trying to figure out how to mount it on magnets.

Suction cups ??

hortoncode3

• Grease Monkey
Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 11:30:06 am
Thought about suction cups...I just don't see it being a positive attachment. Hell, I can't even keep my GPS stuck to my windshield. And yes, that's my inspection sticker on the fork. I'm aiming to score a tax disc on E-bay and trying that for a possible sticker mount....although slapping a sticker on the fork is VERY Vermont!

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 01:32:38 pm
This is a new one for me...someone left a note on my bike when I was at work, (I park it in the same place every day).
I'm not sure what to make of it.

I would guess maybe he/she's a commercial photog of some kind. Maybe a local newspaper or even a magazine or TV news?

I've tended to avoid them over the years. They never get ANYthing you tell them right.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.