Author Topic: UCE 500 Thunderbird  (Read 8792 times)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 05:50:59 pm
It's good in one way! Now AVL users can use UCE parts :P

siddharthmenon

• BuddhaSource
  • Scooter
  • BuddhaSource
Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:59 am
I am looking forward to scavenge some parts for my C500. 8)
  • Swing arms
  • Disc break & perhaps the Tyre
  • Break paddles
  • Foot rest, they are better than what we get on C500
  • And may be that mat black LHS & RHS engine covers :P
Why do you feel shy to act stupid ?

Twitter : @BuddhaSource

BRADEY

• Grease Monkey
Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 01:24:44 pm
I have seen the TB 500 in flesh. And honestly apart from few very good features, the overall finish of the bike disappointed me. The bike stands nowhere close to the C500 in terms of Character and appeal, but will be certainly better suited for long......really long highway rides.
That's my take in short !

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 06:40:35 pm
Very true! It's like an incomplete bike. Yet another RnD project on their own customers (By R.E) but one good thing is that now AVL and CI users will have more options. Like AVL users (like me) can use UCE heads and barrels and pistons for their AVLs as we don't get parts for our bikes that easily! :P

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 01:17:57 am
You have to remember that for Eicher(or, how ever its spelled) the motor cycle line is a very small part of their business. Anything new from them is welcome.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

ssg

• Bulleteer
Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 02:12:28 am
In Indian scenario it will be another headache-here the dealers still don't know how to diagnose RE 350 properly,they try to avoid CE 500 or anything with EFI as the mechanics are mostly poorly paid and you can't expect expertise from them.I will never go for it.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 06:55:57 pm
Dampking: You want to put a UCE top end and barrel on an AVL crank ? You do understand that they are completely different engines. I'd wonder the cost of that engeneering project Vs. just buying a UCE bike.

saint45

• Scooter
Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 07:30:52 pm
Yuck! Not my cup O' tea at all. Why make a cruiser style? Everyone makes these. Sorry but, I think its just ugly.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:42 pm
I wonder how much they are relying on the popularity of Gerry Anderson's "the thunderbirds" to help market the bike in their home markets.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Fogrunner

• Bulleteer
Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 08:23:04 pm
I prefer the G5 or C5 to this bike. The Thunderbird looks too much like so many of the cheap Chinese Cruisers here in Philippines.
Phil
2012 G5 Classic

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:55 pm
Dampking: You want to put a UCE top end and barrel on an AVL crank ? You do understand that they are completely different engines. I'd wonder the cost of that engeneering project Vs. just buying a UCE bike.

I have seen loads of such AVLs in here. Infact Mr Bose, a well known racer is using UCE head on his G2 350 cafe. I did ask few guys and according to them it's not that expensive.  I know a bike which already clocked more than 40,000 kms on UCE head, Barrel. I ask him how much he spent on his bike. Usually riders do such kind of mods because AVL parts are pretty rare here in India.

-Sanket

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 09:33:22 pm
Yuck! Not my cup O' tea at all. Why make a cruiser style? Everyone makes these. Sorry but, I think its just ugly.

That's what I think too but remember, this is for the Indian domestic market.  Anything imported is really expensive because of prohibitive tariffs, twice the price I hear.  So anything made at home has an automatic price advantage.  Why not get a piece of the cruiser pie?

I wonder if they're also bumping up efforts to have a cruiser model to put the new twin motor in when it comes out.  Then they can really compete with Harley at home.

Scott

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012, 05:23:21 pm
I have seen loads of such AVLs in here. Infact Mr Bose, a well known racer is using UCE head on his G2 350 cafe. I did ask few guys and according to them it's not that expensive.  I know a bike which already clocked more than 40,000 kms on UCE head, Barrel. I ask him how much he spent on his bike. Usually riders do such kind of mods because AVL parts are pretty rare here in India.

-Sanket

Thats pretty neat. More power to you guys !