Author Topic: Royal Enfield - Where In The World Are You?  (Read 8882 times)

bikerboo

• Scooter
  • 2011 Classic
Reply #45 on: June 23, 2012, 06:41:03 pm
Have just returned from a refreshing dip in the Irish Sea,back on terra firma.Obviously someone out there has too much time on their hands,Shame as its a nice idea.And just in case any crims are scanning this site we have 3 dogs,one of which is extremely offensive and a shotgun which I ain't afraid to use. 
PS.Why can't I get smileys to work??
Adventure before dementia

bikerboo

• Scooter
  • 2011 Classic
Reply #46 on: June 23, 2012, 10:40:53 pm
oh bugger,it gets worse.Have just found out there are two of me,one is in the proper place in dear old Devon but the other is floating off the south coast of Eire.Never mind ,it looks as though Henry is on his way to rescue me.!Cheers.Boo
Adventure before dementia

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 12:51:20 am
Curious....  Somehow I had moved from central Michigan to somewhere in the mountains of Honduras.  That'll come as a surprise to my employers, I think.  I better move back.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

epoch

• epoch
  • Neophyte
  • 2012 Classic C5
Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 08:44:07 am
This is a geat idea . . . thanks
Los Angeles, engage and ride, motorcycle therapy

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 03:30:47 pm
Someone placed me in El Salvadore. It's too hot down there so I deleted it, I think. This map has become almost useless. Any one can move the icons hence us showing up all over the world.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 01:37:43 am
Someone placed me in El Salvadore. It's too hot down there so I deleted it, I think.

No; you're still there, in southern Honduras. I wish there was a way to lock this, so whatever northbound-end-of-a-southbound-horse it is that's playing games with peoples' locations would be locked out...
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

MegaMoo

• Scooter
  • Thumping in Paradise
Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 02:36:31 am
The only ways as far as I know to minimise the chances of idiots people messing it up would be to:
a) make it invite only but then we'd need to know everyone's email address to invite them to edit, which would probably mean a lot of people wouldn't bother.
b) for me to add everyone manually when they send me their location- could end up being a pain in the butt.

I'd not really seen the old forum version map, any way of getting that back Kevin? Then at least only registered members could add their own location and not mess up everyone else's.